DOWNLOAD ALEXA APP
Alexa app is the main Application that controls all the functions and tasks given to the Alexa device by its users. You can perform tasks such as streaming music, videos, audiobooks, etc with the help of your Alexa app. Amazon echo can also perform home automation tasks for you by controlling all smart devices and their functions. You will only need to add task-related skills in your Alexa app to perform these tasks and functions. Amazon provides you a wide variety of more than 80 thousand skills to add on your Alexa app. Each skill is designed to perform a particular task. You can order food, book taxi, place queries, etc using the Alexa app. Here are some steps you can try to Download Alexa app on your smartphone and use it with your Echo device.
HOW TO DOWNLOAD THE ALEXA APP?
- Launch the App Store on your smartphone device.
- Search for the “Amazon Alexa app” in the search bar of your App Store and tap on the Enter Button next to it.
- You will now get the “Amazon Alexa App” result with the “Install” button.
- Tap on the “Install” Button, and Alexa App downloading will start on your smartphone.
- Launch the Alexa app on your smartphone when it’s fully downloaded.
- Enter the Username and Password of your Amazon Account to log in to your Alexa app.
- Hence, your Alexa app download is complete, and your Echo is ready to Setup.
- Now, You can start your Echo dot setup by going to the “navigational menu” available on the left side of your Alexa App screen by choosing the” Add device” option.
- You can see all instructions on your Alexa app and follow these commands and instructions to complete and end the Alexa setup.
The procedure for downloading the Alexa app is easy and straightforward. If you see any issue while downloading the Alexa app on your smartphones, such as Android and iPhone. Then you will have to use an alternate way to set up your echo by visiting the Alexa.Amazon.com from your windows/mac computer. You will need to simply type in “Alexa.Amazon.com” in the address bar of your computer’s web browser to access the Alexa app.
After a second, Alexa.amazon.com will open up before you. Asking you for the login details of your Amazon account. You can proceed with the Setup process after filling in the username and password of your Amazon Account in the corresponding fields and clicking on the” Sign in” button. After that, You will be required to add your Echo device into the Alexa app for the Alexa setup. After following a few prompts, you will need to Connect Alexa to wifi to complete the setup process.
You can download the Alexa app for various smart devices such as Android smartphones, iPhones, Windows 7 & 10 computers(laptops), tablets, and Mac, etc. If you want to download the Alexa app for Android and iPhone devices. Then, you can do that by going to their respective app stores and searching for the Amazon Alexa app and installing it. If you want to set up your Echo without downloading the Alexa app.
Then, you can do that by visiting the Alexa.Amazon.com on your computer. For downloading the Alexa app on your Windows computer. You can also simply visit the Microsoft store from your windows PC and proceed with the Alexa app download procedure by searching the Alexa app in the search bar at the right top of your Microsoft store screen.
We all know that we can perform hundreds and thousands of tasks with the help of an Alexa app. Our Echo device allows us to create shopping lists, Set Alarms, Set reminders, Make To-Do Lists, Make phone calls, send messages, etc. We can do all of these things on our Alexa Echo with the help of the Alexa app.
You can perform almost all day-to-day tasks with the help of your echo if the Alexa app is installed on your smartphone device. You can even perform the tasks when you are not around your Echo device. Alexa app is compatible and works with all Amazon Echo device variants available in the market.
If somehow, you are not able to download the Alexa app on your phone. Then, don’t worry you can go to the Alexa web app ( Alexa.amazon.com) and access it from there after logging into it. After signing into the Amazon Alexa app with the help of your Amazon account, you will see the homepage of your Echo app, showing you the weather and forecasting information of your area. Now, you can connect the smart devices available in your home with your Echo device. You can also modify your Alexa app settings and perform the tasks of your choice with the help of your Echo App and device.
Adding Alexa skills to your Alexa app is very easy. If you want to add any skill to your Alexa app, then you can go to the smart skills and games option available in the main menu of your Alexa application. There, you can search for the skill you want and add that skill by pressing the enable button after checking it’s reviews and star rating. If that skill asks you for login or sign-in details then, you can sign into it. But, if it does not ask you about anything. Then, this means it’s successfully added to your Alexa app.
HOW TO DOWNLOAD THE ALEXA APP FOR IPHONE?
To simply download the Alexa app for iPhone, always remember a few things in your mind. First, you will need to have an iOS 11.0 or a higher version operating system running on your iPhone. Alexa app does not work well on iPhone devices having lower versions than ios 11.0. After checking the ios version of your iPhone. You can simply visit our website Alexa.Amazon.com or go to the Apple app store and download the Alexa app for your iPhone from there. You can easily download the Alexa app for almost every iOS device. Alexa app downloading and installation process is the same for all iOS devices such as iPad, iPhone, Mac, etc. Read all the steps specified before you below.
- Launch the Apple App Store on your iPhone, iOS device.
- Type in the “Amazon Alexa” in the Apple App Store’s search bar and simply tap on the enter button.
- Now, you will see the “Amazon Alexa app” icon and the “download” option next to it.
- You can Tap on the “Download” option to download the Alexa app for iPhone.
- Alexa app installation will start there.
- You can now open the Alexa app after its installation and sign into it by filling in the login details of your amazon account, such as its username and password.
- After a second, you will see the home screen of your Alexa application displaying the weather conditions of your area.
- Now, You can follow the prompts and instructions on your Alexa app screen and set up your Echo device by performing all the steps accurately.
HOW TO DOWNLOAD THE ALEXA APP FOR ANDROID?
If you want to download the Alexa app for android smartphone devices, then you can simply do that by going to the google app play store of your Android smartphone. You need to have a 6.0 or a higher android version installed and running on your android smartphone before downloading the Alexa app. If you want to know how to download the Alexa app for Android. Then, Look at the steps below.
- Go to the App Store from your Android smartphone to download Alexa App on your Android smartphone device.
- Search for “Amazon Alexa” in the search bar of the Google App Store.
- You will see the Amazon Alexa app and the” Install” button on its right side.
- Simply hit the “Install” button, and the Alexa app downloading process will start on your android phone.
- Tap on the Open button to launch it on your android phone after it’s installation.
- Enter your Amazon Account’s sign-in details in the username and password fields and tap on the sign-in button available below.
- Now, you can modify settings, Setup new echo devices, home devices, smart skills in your Alexa app by following instructions on your Alexa app.
Amazon Alexa Problems
When you download the Alexa app. Then, you might start to face multiple kinds of problems. For example “the Alexa app is offline.” In most of the cases, this issue is related to the wifi connectivity. When you try to download the Alexa app on Windows 10, then you might also face this particular problem. In most of the cases, This problem arises because of sparse internet signals and weak internet connectivity.
Another type of issue that Alexa app users generally face is the critical error that pops up when users try to Download Alexa App For PC and play music. This issue arises when your Alexa app is not connected with its related music streaming skills on the Alexa app. Make sure your Amazon Alexa app is connected to Spotify, Pandora, and other music streaming skills before you play the music.
The third most common problem that people face with their Alexa app is their smartphone devices. Sometimes your smartphone device fails to detect the accessories connected with your Alexa app. In this case, You can switch off or reboot your Echo and try to wake up your Alexa device. Whenever there’s a problem in Downloading the Alexa app on Desktop, Kindle, or Chromebook. Then, you can troubleshoot these issues by yourself by force-stopping or restarting the Alexa app.
You can use your Alexa application anywhere you want. It allows you to perform various kinds of tasks, even if you are not available near your Alexa device. Anyone can use it; It’s easy to use. You will just need to say a wake word to your Echo to activate it. You might also face Alexa orange light indication issue in your Echo device and Alexa app. If you want to Fix orange light on Amazon Alexa, Then, you can restart your Echo and the Alexa app both.
Why Does your Alexa won’t turn on?
If your Alexa is not turning on and giving you a hard time. Then, try some troubleshooting steps we have given you to make your Alexa turn on again:-
- First of all, make sure that your Alexa is plugged in. The power adapter needs to be plugged into the power socket, and the pin needs to be appropriately & securely put into the power port of your Alexa to turn it on.
- Only use Alexa’s power adapter. Other adapters will not provide enough power to make your Alexa work. Additional adapters can also harm your Alexa with low and high power output.
- When you’re done with the above two steps, and still your Alexa won’t turn on. Then there might be some problems with the wall power socket. Pick your Alexa and take it to the different room’s power sockets.
- Sometimes your Alexa won’t turn on because the power port its backside or the power adapter is damaged. The wire is broken or not working.
- The circuit board inside the Alexa might be faulty or broken. That needs to be replaced.
Why Alexa won’t wake up?
If your Alexa was working before, but now your Alexa is not waking up on your voice instruction. Then, adopt these steps to fix this issue:-
- When you connect your Alexa with the external speaker via an audio cable or Bluetooth, make sure that you place your Alexa 3 to 4 feet/1 meter away from it. If you place your Alexa next to the external speaker, it could be difficult for your Alexa to hear your wake words, voice commands, or any other requests accurately. Fix this problem if your Alexa won’t wake up on your voice commands.
- When you place your Alexa at the table or any other place, you have to be sure that it is settled at least 8 inches / 20 centimeters away from the walls and other objects.
- When you say any wake word to your Alexa, Then, make sure that there is no background noise which could cause trouble for your Alexa to listen to your voice commands.
- Speak naturally and clearly, while waking up your Alexa. If your speech is slurred, mumble, or garbled, then Alexa will not understand your wake command.
- Make sure you remember the wake word. The default wake word for your Echo App is “Alexa”. If you have recently changed the wake word of your Alexa in the Alexa app, then, try to remember the wake word. If you forgot or not able to say the correct wake word, then your Alexa will not wake up and respond to you.
- In case you think your speech is excellent and you are telling the correct wake word. Then check the ring light indication of your Echo. It might be illuminating a red light. If it’s giving you a red light, then, this means your Alexa is in the mute mode. It won’t listen to you until you unmute it by pressing the microphone off button.
- Sometimes your Alexa does not respond on the wake word. Because its speaker drivers and power board are dead, in this case, you have to get its speaker driver or power board repaired.
- If your Alexa Won’t wake up on the wake word, Then, check its volume. It might be too low. Increase the volume and try again.
- Relocate your Alexa away from noisy places. It gets easily distracted by the noises and remains unable to hear you and respond to you.
Also, Read Echo Show Setup
Alexa App and how it works with Echo devices?
Alexa App is a virtual smart Assistant who works just like any personal Assistant for its users. If you have an Amazon Echo at your home, then you will not be able to use it without downloading the Alexa app. This Application Automates all the given works and saves our time by completing the given tasks and actions in time.
Amazon Alexa App is based on artificial intelligence technology structure and learns things with time just like any human. That’s why it covers almost all the tasks & functional areas of our daily routine tasks. Alexa App works best with Echo devices. It requires a sign in or login from your Amazon account before its setup.
While Setting up an Alexa, users are required to connect it with their Echo device and wireless network by following a series of steps. You can add thousands of skills from the Amazon skills store to your Alexa App to increase its capabilities. You can wake up your Alexa by saying it’s wake word. It will wake up for you within a time of 1-3 seconds, depending upon your wireless network’s speed.
Alexa App is a lifeline of the Echo device, and your Echo device cannot function without its help. Similarly, your wireless network is a lifeline of your Alexa Application, and you cannot do anything on your Alexa App without a working internet connection. So, keep these things in your mind to use the Alexa Application for your Amazon Echo.
How To Install Amazon Alexa App on Mac OS?
Downloading Alexa Application for Mac OS is very easy. But check out a few system and app requirements before downloading an echo app on your Mac OS.
- Amazon Alexa App works best with iOS devices having 11.0 version or higher.
- A fast and working internet connection.
- Amazon Account for logging into the Alexa App.
How to Download Alexa App For Mac OS
- Launch the Safari web browser on your Mac.
- Type in ” Alexa.Amazon.com” in the address bar of your Mac’s web browser.
- Hit the Enter button.
- Log in to your Amazon account.
- Connect your Echo with the electricity via its power adaptor.
- Wait for a minute so that your Alexa echo could boot up and show you an orange light indication.
- Click on the Settings tab and go to the “Add a new device” option.
- Choose the name of the Echo device you have from the list of All available Echo device models.
- Go to the wifi settings of your Mac and click on your Echo name and connect with it.
- Now connect Your Echo with the wifi connection.
- Follow further instructions on Alexa.amazon.com to complete the Alexa App Setup on your mac.
- Hence your Echo device is connected with the Alexa web app on your Mac OS.
These were the simple steps you can perform to download the Alexa application for your Mac. We suggest you to check the compatibility of your Mac before downloading the Echo app on it. Otherwise, you might get stuck in the Setup process.
Amazon Echo Troubleshooting
You can adopt various Amazon Echo troubleshooting techniques to troubleshoot echo related issues and problems. These troubleshooting methods will help you to solve the issues that users usually face in their Alexa devices
- Change the Location of your Echo: If you face network-related problems on your amazon echo. Then, you should Always place your Alexa and internet router, modem in the central places of your house. Where these devices could send and receive the internet signals freely without any interference and problem.
- Reset Your Echo device: You can reset your third-generation Echo by pressing and holding the action button for 20 seconds. Now, you have to wait for your Echo device to turn off and then turn on. You can reset your second-generation Echo device by pressing and holding the volume down and microphone button for 20 seconds.
- Installing skills: Go to the skills tab in your Alexa app to install the new skills into your Alexa app. The addition of new skills will improve the functionality of your Alexa app and the Echo device.
- Regular Service: Get the service of your internet router done regularly. If it works efficiently, then your Alexa device will most probably not face any kind of problem.
Also, Read Echo Setup