How To Fix Alexa Orange Light Issue
Alexa Orange light is one of the most common problems which Echo users generally face. Orange light indication on your Alexa simply means that your Alexa is trying to connect with your wifi internet network. You can fix this issue by resetting your Alexa and its related components. Look at these simple steps mentioned below to learn how you can fix the Alexa orange light issue easily.
Fix Alexa Orange light issue
- Press the Volume down and microphone off buttons on your Alexa together and hold them for at least 20 seconds. You will see the ring light of your Alexa turning orange in color.
- Reset your Alexa by pressing and holding the reset button with the help of a small needle for a few seconds. When you do that the orange Light on your Amazon Alexa changes to blue in color, and turns off. After a couple of seconds, the ring light indication of your Alexa turns on again.
- Take out the adaptor of your Amazon Alexa from the wall socket and put it back in after 15-20 seconds. This troubleshooting technique will also work in fixing the Alexa orange light issue on your Alexa device.
If you see the orange ring light indication while Setting up your Alexa, then, it’s not an issue. When you configure your Echo for the first time, then it’s compulsory for you to connect Alexa with your wireless network. But, if you see an orange light indication more frequently on your Alexa even its Setup.
Then, it’s an issue. The Alexa orange light issue is directly related to your internet router and network connectivity. Because, when your Alexa device does not receive a sufficient amount of internet signals. Then, its ring light starts to indicate orange color. On that point, it tries to re-establish its connection with your wireless internet network. In that duration, you cannot give it any command because an Amazon Alexa does not answer any queries when it’s struggling to establish a connection with the internet.
How do I fix the yellow light issue on Amazon Alexa?
- First, Turn off your Alexa and internet router. Then, turn on both the devices after 10 seconds and try to connect them again with each other.
- You can remove all temporary caches, cookies files, unwanted devices, and users out from your internet router and modem. Just like that, you can easily remove the networking congestion and improve the performance of your internet router, so that it could provide efficient internet connectivity to your Alexa.
- Change the location of your internet router and Alexa both. Place both devices in the most central place of your house & at least 8 inches away from the wall as it blocks the internet signals and decreases their signal’s strength. You have to place both of these devices away from all kinds of solid objects, metal objects, wooden objects, etc. So that router could receive the right amount of internet signals from your ISP and transmit them to the Alexa.
- Always place your Amazon Alexa and router in each other’s range, if you will locate both of these devices in each other’s range field. Then, your internet router will be able to provide better internet signal strength and connectivity to your Echo.
- Restore your Alexa to the defaults. You can do that by going to the settings section of your Alexa app and selecting your device name and clicking on the restore to the Factory Defaults option, But don’t forget to keep smart home device options into the Alexa app.
- If you are unable to understand what to do in that situation. Then, you can contact any IT guy or technically sound person to fix that problem for you.
- When you change the password of your internet router, then, your Alexa device will not connect with it. In that case, Go to the wifi settings of your smartphone and check if your Alexa device is connected with your wireless network or not. If it’s not connected. Then, forget the password of that wifi network first. After that, click on the name of your wifi network and connect your Alexa to it by entering its password.
- Change your router’s network bandwidth for Amazon echo. Because if your router provides internet connectivity in the lower bandwidths or it has many other devices connected with it. Then, it will not be able to send your Alexa a sufficient amount of internet signals. So, you will need to remove the unused devices from your router and change its bandwidth.
- Go to the Settings menu in your Alexa app and retain the “smart home device” option by hitting the “restore to the factory defaults” option.
- Uninstall the Alexa app from your smartphone and install it again from the app store to fix the orange light on your Amazon Alexa.
Alexa Ring Light Indications
Alexa device has a lot of ring light indicators which it displays through the circular ring upon it. This ring indicates several kinds of colors for example green, Red, Orange, Purple, white, cyan, etc. These ring Light indications of an Alexa device tells us about the state of our Alexa device through the different colors and light circulation patterns. Alexa has five LED lights on its top. We call these lights as ring light indicators. When you power on your Alexa device for the first time, Then, it starts to indicate a solid blue light first and orange Light after it on the amazon echo.
The orange ring light indicates that your Alexa device is ready to start the echo setup. When Alexa shows you orange color. It says ” Hello, your Echo device is ready for installation, please follow the instructions on your Alexa app“. When you follow these instructions, Then, orange ring light indication changes from orange to blue after saying “it’s connected”.
List of Alexa ring lights indications
- Amazon Alexa shows you the blue ring light indication when its power on.
- Alexa does not show you any ring lights when its turned off.
- The orange or yellow light indicates that your Alexa device is running in the setup mode.
- When you see white Light Blinking, then, it means that your camera is on.
- If you see the Red Light Blinking. Then, it means that the camera and microphone of your Alexa have been turned off.
- if any error occurs during the wifi configuration, then, your Alexa’s ring will start to light up in multiple colors.
- When you see a blaze of purple Light after you connect with your Alexa gadget and Do Not Disturb highlight is still displaying on your Echo.
- Pulsing RED Light: This ring light indication indicates that your Alexa could not complete or process your given command.
- Pulsing Amber light indicates that the speaker is in setup mode waiting to pair with a network with the help of an Alexa app.
- Cyan Ring Light Indication indicates that Alexa is processing your request.
What Does Yellow light on Alexa Mean?
If your Alexa Echo device circulates and spins the yellow ring light before you. Then, it simply means that your Alexa device is trying to connect with the wifi network you have at your place. If you see the Yellow ring light pulsing on Alexa for an unusual amount of time. Then, open up the Alexa app and enter down the password of your wireless router. If your Alexa device starts to pulse the yellow light indication after the completion of setup, then, this indicates that it has some sort of message or notification for you. You can ask it for the information and it will give it to you and will stop blinking.
Users can troubleshoot or fix Yellow Light on Alexa by reconnecting the Alexa with the wifi network. You can do that by entering down the password of your wifi accurately when your Alexa app Asks you about it. This problem will solve when you do that.
How to Fix Alexa Red light Indication?
We are going to tell you about how to fix Alexa’s red light indication. Alexa red light is one of the most common problems that Alexa device users face in their daily lives while using it. In short, Alexa red light means that the microphone button of your Alexa is off. Now, it can’t hear any command you give it. That is why it will not answer you back.
- Just simply press the microphone button of your Alexa and keep it pressed until the microphone of your Alexa is turned on. Now, Check out if the receiver of your Alexa is working by saying “Hello” to it. If it’s working, it will greet you back.
- Remove all the already stored instructions you see on your Alexa app to fix Alexa red light
- Always check if your internet router is providing sufficient internet signals to your Alexa device. Because weak internet signals always lead your Alexa to show the Red ring light indication. If you see the same problem, then, check and fix the issues which are affecting the internet signals generated by your internet router.
- Check out if your downloaded Alexa app has updated Alexa firmware to fix Alexa red light
- Factory reset or hard reset your Alexa to fix Alexa red light issue.
- Always connect your Alexa to wifi using the WPA2-PSK/AES wireless security type.