What is Echo Setup?
After buying a brand new echo device. An Echo setup is a must to start the proceedings. Only after that, you can enjoy the features and functions of the Echo. The echo setup is a sequential procedure in which users set up their Echo gadget by following some standard steps and commands. For Example, downloading Alexa Application, Sign in, or login in]to the Alexa App, Adding a new Echo device in Alexa Account, Connecting Echo to your smartphone/computer, Connecting Echo to the wireless network, obeying instructions, etc.
Amazon Echo is a smart speaker that you can use, after connecting with the Alexa App installed on your iPhone, Android Phone, Tablet, Amazon Kindle, Mac, Chrome Book, or Windows Computer, etc. Users can connect their Echo smart device with the Bluetooth and other smart gadgets they have at their place. They can also use Amazon Echo as an external Bluetooth speaker. An Echo setup is mandatory for you to Setup your Echo device. Afterward, Your echo will listen to your voice commands and will start to automate the functions and tasks given by you.
How To Setup Echo From Phone
For setting up an Echo on Smart Phone and Tablets, users need to install an Alexa App on their phone. Below are the steps for the Echo app setup via Playstore:-
- Open the Playstore on your Smart Phone.
- Sign in with the Gmail account, if you don’t have it then create a one.
- Now, the homepage of your Playstore will be visible on the screen of your Smart Phone. You will find out the lookup Bar on the top of that page. Type ‘Amazon Alexa’ on it and press ‘Ok’.
- You will see an Alexa logo on the right side of the Echo App, you will find a button of ‘Install’. Tap on that ‘Install’ button.
- Open the App on your Smartphone and tap on the plus + sign, Add your Echo there and follow the next steps to connect your Echo to the internet till the completion of an Echo setup.
Also Read Download Alexa App For PC
How To Setup Your Echo from Computer
An Echo device can also be connected with the computer and following are the steps to do that:-
- Connect your Computer to a secure Wi-Fi network.
- Open a web browser, you will find a search bar on the top of your browser. Type alexa.amazon.com and press the enter key or click on the ‘Ok’ button.
- An Amazon Alexa webpage will open up on your computer. Sign in to your Alexa account. If you don’t have the account then you can create a new account for yourself. ‘Create a new account’ option will be visible on the bottom of that page.
- When you Sign-in to your Alexa account, a button will show up ‘begin set-up’, click on that button.
- Choose down your Echo device model from that list.
- Select the language for your Echo to complete the Echo setup.
- Then press the ‘Continue’ button on the next page. A Wi-Fi search will start in your Echo.
- Plug-in your Alexa Echo to the power source. There will be a rotating blue light on the ring. Wait for a minute. till the blue light change into the orange light.
- Now, press the Action Button with the symbol of the dot (.) for six seconds. Your Echo will let you know that it’s in the installation mode. Do the same what Alexa App instructs you to do”.
- Go back to your Computer and click on the ‘Continue’ button.
- Now, go to the Wi-Fi settings and check for the name of your Echo device listed in the Wi-Fi device list. Connect the Echo to your Computer to complete the Echo setup.
- Now it will show you “You are connected, Now go back to the Alexa App” a sound will come from the Echo. Go back to the Computer and press the ‘Continue’ button for scanning the Wi-Fi network.
- Choose down and select down the Wireless network to whom you are going to link your Echo device.
- ‘Preparing your device’ will appear on the top of the screen and a bar will start loading.
- When it’s finished, Your Echo will say“This device is ready” and the orange ring light rotation will disappear.
- Now, the Echo setup is over. Ask anything to your Echo and enjoy the world of Echo.
Also, Read Echo Dot Setup
How To Setup Echo Auto
First of all, place your Echo Auto on the dashboard near the vent mount to see its light bar easily. Insert the power adapter in the cigarette lighter port of your car. You can also use the inbuilt USB port of your car. We advise you to Connect your Echo Auto to the port via micro USB cable. Therefore, Turn on your car and enable Bluetooth on your Smart Phone and set your car’s stereo in Bluetooth or aux. If your car speaker doesn’t support Bluetooth music streaming for the Echo Auto setup. Then you can use it using an auxiliary cable to connect Echo Auto to the speaker. When you turn on the car, a blue light will appear on the light bar. After a few seconds. Echo Auto will say “Hello, let’s get rolling. You can safely do so.
Users can connect their Echo Auto to the car after installing the Alexa app on their SmartPhone. Users can play the songs through the car’s speakers via auxiliary input or the Bluetooth of Smart Phone. Echo Auto has a total of 8 microphones on top of it. You can see the Action and Microphone Off button on it. It has one Micro USB power port and an audio port on the right side. It can hear the users even while playing the music, road noise. The user’s car needs to have Bluetooth 4.0 or a higher version. Following are the steps to carry out an Echo Auto setup:-
Echo Auto Setup
- Go to your Alexa app and tap on “add a new device”.
- Now, the blue light will go off and an orange light will start to sweep down on the light bar.
- Go to the Alexa app, if you don’t have that, then download it.
- Tap on the device icon at the right-bottom of the mobile screen. Then tap on the plus + option. Tap on ‘Add Device’, then select the device “Amazon Echo” and then choose “Echo Auto”.
- A Wi-Fi search will start over and the name of the Echo Auto will appear on the Wi-Fi networks list on your mobile screen. Select that.
- Now the name of your Smart Phone will appear on the speaker of your car. Select that and your phone will be paired with Echo Auto.
- Hence, ‘Your device is ready’ sound will come out from the Echo Auto after the completion of the Alexa Echo auto setup.
- Just like that, you can complete the Alexa Echo Auto setup.
Also, Read Connect Alexa To WiFi
Note:- Some permissions including access to your location and microphone are required to complete the Alexa Echo Auto setup depending on your Smart Phone and car.
The set-up is over and you can use the Echo Auto in your car. If you are facing issues in connecting the Echo Auto with your Smart Phone. Then try the following steps:-
- Unplug the micro USB cable from Alexa Echo Auto for 45 seconds and then plug back in.
- Check for a sweeping orange light on the light bar. If it’s not there, then press the action button having the symbol of a dot (.) for 8 seconds to put the device in the set-up mode.
- In the Alexa app, go through the Echo Auto setup process again. You can leave your Echo Auto plugged-in even if you are not driving.
Echo Input Setup
Echo Input refers to the recently launched portable Echo device that possesses a 4800mAh rechargeable battery that gives approximately 10 or more hours of continuous music playback time to its users. It also has an in-built speaker in it. Therefore, You can see a number of four microphones, a microphone off button, an action button, and an LED on the top side of the Echo Input. You can see the power on/off, volume rocker, and battery indicator LEDs on the front side of it. A micro USB port is available on the rear side of the Echo Input. It is bigger than the Echo Dot device. To get your Echo input working, you need to go through an Echo input setup first.
If you want to use the Echo Input, then, you can turn it on by pressing the power on button on its front side and you can also plug it in the power source for charging its battery. You can easily use it while its battery is charging. You can start the echo input setup via your Smart Phone, Computer or Tablet, etc. The procedure of setting up an Echo input on Smart Phone and Tablet is the same. Do two things before starting the setup. Turn on the Echo Input and wait for the orange light after the blue light appears on the LED light at the top. Connect your Computer to a secure Wi-Fi network. Following are the steps for setting up an Echo Input via Computer:-
How to setup echo input via computer?
- Go to the alexa.amazon.com in the web browser.
- A web page of Amazon Alexa will open up on your computer. Sign in to your Alexa account. If you have never created an Amazon Account before. Then, you will be required to develop a new one for you.
- When you Sign-in into your Alexa account, a button will appear saying “To Start Echo Input Setup”, click on that.
- There will be a dropdown list of Alexa’s Echo devices. Select your device.
- Select the language for your Echo.
- Then press down the ‘Continue’ button on the next page. A Wi-Fi search will begin to find your Echo in the list of wireless networks available in your area.
- Hence, Go to the Wi-Fi settings and choose down the name of your Echo listed in the active Wi-Fi networks list. Interface or link your Echo input to your Computer either it’s a PC or laptop.
- “You are connected, Now go back to the Alexa App”. Go back to the Computer and press the ‘Continue’ button for scanning the Wi-Fi networks.
- Select the Wi-Fi network with which you want to connect your Echo input.
- ‘Preparing your device’ will appear at the top of the screen and a bar will start to load.
- When it’s finished, Amazon Echo will say “This device is ready” and the rotating orange light will stop on the LED.
Also, Read Echo Show Setup
Amazon has developed a special app that helps users in setting up all types of Echo devices. Henceforth, That special app is Alexa App. It’s available for you to download on the app stores of your cellphones. Henceforth, You can download it and can connect your Echo with your phone. Now, the following are the steps to connect your Echo Input to the internet network via your Smart Phone devices and Tablets for completing the Echo input setup.
How to setup echo input via smartphone?
- Connect the Echo Input to the source of electricity via its own AC adapter. An orange light will be appearing on LED after blue light.
- After that, Echo Input will say “HELLO, DOWNLOAD THE ALEXA APP AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS”.
- Go to the App Store now and look for the Alexa app. Download it and sign in with your Alexa Account. If you don’t have Alexa app. Then go to the www.alexa.amazon.com and create your account.
- Therefore, Add your device. It may ask you for Bluetooth. Turn on the Bluetooth.
- A Wi-Fi search will start, connect your Echo Input to the Wi-Fi which will provide the internet to it.
- When Echo Input is connected to the Wi-Fi, a tone will come up, and orange light rotation will go off and blue light will start to emit for 1 second On the LED.
- Select the speaker; there will be an option of a built-in or external speaker.
- Now, The Echo input setup is over. Ask anything to your Echo and enjoy it.
The Process of Setting-up Echo Sub?
Echo Sub is one of the most powerful and dedicated subwoofer for all variants of the Echo devices. You can connect it to your Echo device to receive a better bass and dynamic audio quality. When you play the music through it. You get the quality music as it fills the room. It is made to deliver down-firing 100W deep bass sound through a 6-inch woofer. The echo sub is 8 inches tall speaker and has an 8.3-inch diameter area. It has a weight of 4.2Kg. It has a power port and a set-up button on its rear side.
When you start to the echo sub setup, then, it might seem tough to you but in reality, it’s not. Following are the steps:-
How to set up Echo sub
- Plug-in the Echo Sub to the power supply to start the Echo sub setup.
- Rush down towards the Alexa app installed on your Smart Phone. Tap on the navigation pane situated on the left top corner, then the “Settings” option will appear. Now, you will reach the “Device Settings”. A screen will appear displaying all existing Echo devices.
- Tap on the plus “+” choice on the top left corner. Then tap on the “Add Device” choice.
- Now, tap on Alexa Echo. Select Echo Sub to proceed further in the Echo sub setup.
- Then a list of available speakers will be visible on your mobile screen, select your Echo Sub.
- Now, you need to connect it with your Wi-Fi network. Your Echo Sub is connected to the Wi-Fi and the flashing of orange light on the rear side of your Echo Sub will disappear.
You need to have at least one another Echo device in order to have full audio volume. Just add the other Echo device through the Alexa app and connect it with the same Wi-Fi network. Now, below are the steps for syncing the Echo device with Echo Sub:-
how to Sync your Echo with Echo Sub
- Go to the “Settings”, then “Device Settings”.
- Then tap on the top left plus “+“
- A pop-up screen will come with one option of “Add Stereo Pair/Subwoofer” to the bottom. Tap on that option to create a speaker set.
- Then, just select the available speaker which you want to put in the speaker set. Then tap on ‘Next’.
- ‘Creating your speakers’ will appear on the screen. It will take one or two minutes to create.
- After that a pop up ‘ Echo Sub pair was created’ will appear on the mobile screen.
- Now, The set-up is over and these two devices will work in conjunction with each other. Before you play music, you have to add music streaming service in the ‘Alexa Preferences’.