Echo Plus Setup
Setting up the Echo Plus device is an easy but long process. If you are technically savvy then you can complete this Echo Plus Setup easily. But if you are not, then you might get stuck in this long series of steps and reach nowhere. That is why we came up with this blog to help you and guide you with the steps which will help you to Setup your Echo plus. We all know that the Echo Plus is a smart voice assistant, which resembles just like any smart speaker. Both first and second-generation speakers have an almost similar look and built with each other.
Amazon Echo Plus is a smart speaker, which runs with the help of the Alexa app, Internet network, and Electricity signals. This device automates almost all the tasks of its users. It executes the functions and completes the work just after receiving a voice command. The basic thing which you will have to do in order to set up your Echo plus device is to connect it with the electricity outlet first and power it on and then connect it with the internet network. After that, you will have to perform various kinds of steps to complete this.
How To Setup Echo Plus Third Generation?
As this blog progresses further we will tell you about how you can Setup your Echo plus Third-generation device and use it in the most optimum way possible. Now, We are going to mention the series of steps to Setup An Echo Plus device below. You can simply follow these steps and immediate them. These steps will guide you through the Echo plus setup process in a detailed manner. You need to perform these steps very carefully. Because one wrong step can create problems for you in setting up your Alexa Echo Plus third-generation device. Have a look at the steps mentioned below.
- Firstly, you need to unbox your Alexa Echo Plus device and take out all its related components such as Power Adapter.
- Now, you simply have to insert the Power Adaptor into the nearest wall outlet. After that, you need to connect the power Adaptor’s second end with the power slot of your Alexa Echo Plus device.
- At this point, you need to power your Echo plus device on.
- You must have the Alexa app already downloaded on your smartphone or PC.
- If you haven’t downloaded the Alexa app on your smartphone yet. Then you need to download it and sign up into it with the login credentials such as username and password of your Amazon Prime Account.
- Now you need to go to the homepage of your Alexa app and simply tap on the “+” button on the right side of your phone screen.
- After that, you need to click on the “Add device” option. Now choose the “Amazon Echo” option. In the end, you need to tap on the “Echo Plus Third generation” option. When you perform this step, Then you need to ensure that your Alexa Echo plus is in the “Setup Mode” with reflecting orange ring light.
- Now, you will see your device name on your Alexa app screen. After that, you have to select your wireless network and connect your Echo device with it.
- When you see your wireless network. Then you need to click on its name and enter the Accurate password for it and connect your Echo plus with it.
- The process of connecting your Echo device with your home network may take a few seconds. Once it is connected, Then you will see a message on your Alexa app screen that “Your Echo device is connected and ready for customization”.
- Now, you need to click on the “Continue” option. After that, if you want to connect an external speaker with your Echo plus device. Then you can connect it. Alexa app gives you the three options to connect external speakers with your Echo plus device. For example connect Aux cable, connect Bluetooth speaker, Use built-in speaker, etc. You can opt for any of these options according to your convenience.
- Now, you can connect your Echo plus with other smart devices present in your house to use it as a Home Automation system.
- You can simply go to your Alexa app and add skills according to the tasks you want to give it. Alexa skills play a major role in increasing their capabilities, task execution, task completion.
- Hence, your Alexa Echo plus Third-Generation is ready to receive and answer your queries and complete the given tasks.
Alexa Echo Skills
Once you are done with the Echo Plus Setup process. After that, you can do almost any task with the help of your Echo Plus device. You will be glad to know that your Echo plus device covers almost all application areas. That thing is possible because Amazon and many other third-party developers have launched more than 75 thousand Alexa skills over the past few years. Some skills work efficiently and provide good functioning and task-completion to its users. Some skills do not work properly. You should always download these skills after knowing about their features.
Many third-party developers and big companies have made their own Alexa skills over the past few years. They only have to take the license from Amazon to do that. These companies and developers create these skills because it increases their product’s or company’s exposure to the people. People add these skills to their Alexa app. After adding these skills user can access the services of these companies via these skills. For example Domino’s, Uber, Pizza Hut, Spotify, etc. These companies have created their skills so that Alexa users could use their services on their Alexa Echo device.
The sole purpose of creating these skills is to make people’s life easy. If you have any question in your mind. Then you can ask it to your Echo device. You will get the perfect answer to that question. Your Echo plus the device will listen to your question and will give you the best answer to that after finding it on the web.
Also, Read Fix Orange light on amazon Alexa
How Can I Reset Echo Plus?
Normally no one wants to reset their Echo plus device. But, when some times users have to reset their Echo plus. When it starts to give them problems or it’s not functioning well. Then, you have to reset it and Setup your Echo plus device again to enjoy its features and functions it provides you. Look at some of the best methods to Reset your Echo Plus.
How To Factory Reset your Echo Plus Through Alexa Application
- Open the Alexa Echo App on your smartphone device
- There will get the “Devices” menu. Tap on that.
- In that menu, you will get the ” Echo and Alexa” option there. Tap upon it.
- Now, you will see the rundown of all connected Echo devices. Choose yours.
- Tap upon the ” Factory Reset” option and confirm the ” Factory Reset” option.
Resetting The Echo Plus second And Third Generation
First Generation: Press down the ” Reset” button till you see orange ring light indication turning off and restart your Echo plus again automatically.
Second Generation: Press down the Volume Down and Mic off button together at once for a minimum of 20-25 seconds and keep holding it.
Third Generation: Press the Action button for 25-30 seconds at least. Hold it for that time. Then your Third Generation Echo plus will reset and will start blinking the ” Orange” ring light indication on it.