Echo Dot Setup
We all know that the Alexa Echo dot device comes among the most loved variants of the Echo device all over the world. If you have just bought a new Echo dot device. Then the first thing you will need to do is to set it up first. Setting up the Alexa Echo device is an easy but long process. You will have to follow a series of steps that we are going to mention before you below to perform an Echo dot Setup. Just look at the steps we demonstrate before you below.
How To Setup Echo Dot
- First, download the Alexa app for Echo dot device. You can do that by going to the app store of your smartphone device. If you don’t have a smartphone. Then, you can download the Alexa app on your computer by going to the Microsoft store or Alexa’s official website.
- Now, simply connect the power adaptor of your Echo dot to the power outlet after connecting it with your Echo dot device. When you do that. Then, a blue ring light indication will start to circulate on your Echo dot. This will ensure you that your Echo dot is receiving the proper electric signals and it’s connected with the electric source.
- Your Echo dot will start to show you an orange ring light indication which indicates that it is ready for Setup.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions on your Alexa application before connecting your Echo dot with your Alexa app by going to the wifi settings of your smartphone device by clicking on your Echo dot’s name in that list to connect it with your Alexa app.
- After that, come back to your Alexa dot app and connect your Echo dot to your wifi network by clicking on your wifi network’s name and entering its correct password.
- Make sure you save the password of your Wifi network to the Amazon for future references. It will help you in connecting various kinds of other devices as well as other new echo devices with your Alexa app in the future as well.
- Now, follow all the on-screen instructions to complete the Echo dot Setup.
- After that, you can give a voice command to your Echo dot. It will revert you back for that. At this time, you can add various kinds of skills into it to increase its functional abilities.
- You can also change the wake word for your Echo dot from Alexa to something else.
- It also allows you to change its settings via voice training features. You can voice train your Echo dot device by going to the settings of your Alexa dot app.
- Hence, Your Echo dot Setup is complete.
The echo dot listens to your commands and gives you the best suitable answers for the questions. Therefore, It assists you in so many ways such as while doing or executing a task. It automates your life and does many tasks single-handedly on your voice instructions. It can do almost anything and perform almost any task and has a broad range of application areas. If you want to perform an Alexa dot setup.
Then, in this case, you need to have Alexa App installed on your computer or a smartphone. Because the Alexa dot app is known as the basic unit and lifeline of all the Echo device. It is a backend application that users have to install on either their computer or smartphone, which is connected with the same network with whom they have connected the Echo Dot device. After that users can control all the functions and tasks done by their Alexa Echo Dot.
Also, Read Download Alexa App
Alexa Dot Setup
If you want to perform an Alexa dot Setup. Then, all you have to do is to follow all the instructions specified below. You compulsorily need to have a working and efficient internet network for performing an Alexa Dot Setup. You need to have a working power source and electricity supply and set up your Alexa Echo dot in a location, where it could receive good internet signals from the internet router. Have a look at the steps mentioned below:
How To Perform Alexa Dot Setup
- At first, you have to download the Alexa app for Echo dot Setup on your smart mobile phone. You can download the Alexa application by going to the app store from your smartphone device. If you want to download the Alexa app for your windows computer, Then you can download the Alexa app for windows by going to the Microsoft Store from your computer. If you want to perform an Alexa dot setup without the Alexa app. Then, you can also do that by visiting the official Alexa website.
- Now, You can plug in the power plug of your Echo dot device into the electric power socket. When it is rightly plugged in you will see the blue ring light on your Echo dot device. This blue light on your Alexa Echo dot reflects that your Echo dot is connected with a power socket. Now, you will have to wait for your Alexa Echo dot to greet you and turn its ring light color into the orange. The orange color ring light indicates that your Echo dot is ready to setup.
- Now, you have to connect your Echo Dot device with your wireless internet network. But before that, you will need to proceed according to the instructions shown on your Alexa application and connect your Alexa dot with your Alexa app. After that, You can connect your Echo dot device with the internet via your Alexa dot app. The Alexa App helps you in searching for all available networks. When you get your home network. Tap on its name and enter its secret password. When your Echo Dot is connected with your internet network. Then your Alexa app will ask you to save the username and password of your home wi-fi network for future references.
- At this point in time, If you want to start talking with your Echo Dot device. Then you have to call its wake word. The default wake word for your Alexa Echo dot is “Alexa”. If you want to change the wake word. Then, you can do that by saying Alexa, “Change the wake word”. Now, You can set the wake word of your Alexa according to you. You can also change the wake word of your Alexa Echo dot by manually going into its settings.
- Now, At this point in time, Your Alexa Echo dot device is fully set up and ready to work and help you with its assistance skills in your day to day tasks. If you want to make sure that your Echo dot device has been set up perfectly. Then you can test it by Giving it some basic commands. Otherwise, you can say hello to your Alexa Dot. If it’s working. Then it will reply to you by saying “hello” in its voice from the device. But Alexa does many other tasks than greeting you.
- You can go to the settings option of your Alexa dot app on your smartphone. After that, you can tap on the things to try, skills, etc. option for testing it. You can create shopping lists, reminders, alarms, stream music, get weather updates and do many more tasks with its help. It allows you to send text messages, call your friends just by giving it voice commands.
- If you want to connect an external speaker or smart home device with your Alexa Echo Dot device. Then you can connect these devices with your Echo dot with the help of your Alexa App. You can go to the settings of your Alexa app and connect your Alexa Dot with these speakers.
Also, Read Connect Alexa To Wifi
How To Connect Echo Dot To Wi-Fi
When you buy a new Echo dot device. Then, you will have to connect it with your wireless network by performing the Amazon Echo dot Setup. You need to have a fast and efficient internet network at your place to Connect your Echo dot to the wi-fi network. Download the Alexa app before starting this procedure. You can do that while performing the Alexa dot Setup. Don’t forget to plug in your Echo dot into the power socket so that it could receive electricity supply to work. Always use internet router which works on dual bandwidths such as 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. You will just need to follow some steps to connect your Echo dot to your Wifi network. Look at these steps below.
Connect Echo Dot To Wi-Fi For Amazon Echo Dot Setup
- Go to the Alexa dot app on your smartphone
- Open the navigational menu available on the left side of your phone screen denoting three horizontal lines.
- Tap on the Settings menu there.
- Tap on your Echo dot to choose it and click on the Update Wi-Fi option. Click on ” Set up a new device” if you want to add one new device in your Account.
- Now, wait for the orange ring light to appear on your Echo dot device.
- At this point, go to the wireless settings of your mobile phone and click on your Echo dot’s default name to connect it with your Alexa dot app.
- Now, in the Alexa app connect your Echo dot to Wi-Fi by tapping on your wireless network’s name and entering its correct password.
- If you don’t see your wireless network’s name in the list of all available networks. Then you can click on the rescan button to refresh this list.
- In the click on the ” Connect” button to connect your Echo to the Wi-Fi network.
- Hence, it’s connected.
Also, Read Downloading Alexa app for PC
Echo Dot Setup Not Working
When you want to perform an Echo dot setup. Then, you will have to connect it to your Wi-Fi network. But sometimes users get stuck in this process. They are unable to connect their Echo dot device to the wifi network. There are a few troubleshooting techniques, which you will have to keep in your mind if your Echo dot is not Setting up. Look at these troubleshooting techniques below.
Things To Keep In Mind and try
- Make sure that your Echo dot is connected with a dual-band wireless internet router. So, it could receive good internet network speed.
- If you see orange ring light indication on your echo dot. Then, you can check the wireless internet connection to whom your Echo dot is connected. You can do that by going to the Settings >> Network settings of your Alexa dot app.
- Always enter your wifi network’s password in the password field, when you try to set up your Alexa Echo dot. Always enter the correct network password. Don’t enter the password of your Amazon Account in the network password field while setting up your Echo dot device.
- Keep updating the firmware of your Modem and internet router devices. Outdated firmware may also create many kinds of problems for your Alexa Echo dot.
- If your router device is supporting and working with WPA plus WPA-2 security type. Then, you will need to change this security type to either WPA or WPA-2. This change will positively affect it’s functioning. You can also select the AES security type for if your internet router allows you to create the encryption type.
Also, Read Echo setup
Restart Your Echo For Alexa Dot Setup
- Turn off both your internet router and your modem device.
- Now, you will need to wait for at least 25-30 seconds.
- At this point, Turn “ON” your modem device first and wait for a few seconds so that it could fully restart.
- When it’s done. Then, turn on your internet router.
- Now, simply take out the power adaptor of your Alexa Echo dot from the power socket.
- Wait for at least three to five seconds.
- Now, insert it back in the power socket in the wall. When it’s done, Then go to your Alexa dot app and try to connect your Echo dot with the wifi network when you see the orange ring light indication on it.
Also, Read Fix Orange Light on Amazon Alexa
Echo Dot Troubleshooting
If you want to troubleshoot your Alexa dot device. Then you will need to perform a few troubleshooting techniques on your internet router device. Because your Alexa Echo dot runs with the help of the internet network. That is where most of your Echo dot’s problems and issues come from. We have given some troubleshooting techniques below. You can follow these techniques to troubleshoot the issues related to your Echo dot and have a hassle-free experience with it.
- Remove the unwanted and unused devices added on your internet router. This will increase the internet signal strength and connectivity of your internet router device.
- Always locate your Echo dot near your internet router and make sure no signal blocking objects such as wall, metal, wooden objects are placed between your Echo dot and router device. This will also improve the functioning of both your Echo dot and router device.
- Always place your Echo dot away from the devices such as TV, air coolers, Microwave Ovens, etc. These devices confuse your Echo dot in listening to your voice commands. Because these devices generate a lot of sounds.
- Connect your Echo dot to the 5 GHz wireless bandwidth in your router. It will provide your Echo dot with sufficient internet signals and connectivity. Because this wifi bandwidth is less congested as compared with 2.4 GHz bandwidth. You will face no network interference along with a good internet range.