How To Setup Your Echo Dot?
We all know that our Alexa Echo dot comes among the most loved variants of the Echo device all over the world. If you have just bought a new Echo dot. Then the first thing you will need to do is to set it up first. Setting up the Echo device is easy but a long process. You will have to follow a series of steps below to execute an Echo dot Setup process. Just look at the actions we demonstrate before you below.
Echo Dot Setup
- First, download the Alexa app for your Echo dot. You can do that by going to the app store of your smartphone device.
- If you don’t have any smartphone. Then, you can download the Alexa app on your computer by going to the Microsoft store or your echo’s official website.
- Your Echo dot will start to show you an orange ring light indication which indicates that it is ready for Setup.
- Login or create a new Echo Account for Signing into the Alexa app using its password and username.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions on your Alexa application. Connect your echo dot to the phone through your phone’s wifi settings.
- Connect your Echo dot to the wifi network by clicking on your wifi network’s name and entering its correct password.
- Now, follow all the on-screen instructions to complete the Echo dot Setup.
- After that, you can give a voice command to your Echo dot. It will revert you to that. At this time, you can add various kinds of skills into it to increase its functional abilities.
- Hence, Your Alexa dot Setup is complete.
Your Echo dot assists you in so many things, such as the execution of all its tasks. It automates your life and completes many tasks single-handedly on your voice instructions. It can do almost anything and perform almost any task and has a broad range of application areas but before that, it requires an Alexa dot setup.
Echo Dot Setup Not Working
When you want to play out an Echo dot setup, then, you will have to connect it to your wifi network. But sometimes users get stuck in this process. They are unable to connect their Echo dot to the wifi network. There are a few troubleshooting techniques, which you will need to keep in your mind if your Echo dot is not Setting up. Look at these troubleshooting techniques below.
Things To Keep In Mind and try
- Make sure that your Echo dot is connected with a dual-band wireless internet router. So, it could receive good internet network speed.
- If you see an orange ring light indication on your echo dot, then, you can check the wireless internet connection to whom your Echo dot is connected. You can do that by going to the Settings >> Network settings of your Alexa dot app.
- Always enter your wifi network’s password in the password field, when you try to set up your Echo dot. Always enter the correct network password. Don’t enter the password of your Amazon Account in the network password field while setting up your Echo dot.
- Keep updating the firmware of your Modem and internet router devices. Outdated firmware may also create many kinds of problems for your Echo dot.
- If your router device is supporting and working with WPA plus WPA-2 security type, then, you will need to change this security type to either WPA or WPA-2. This change will positively affect it’s functioning. You can also select the AES security type for if your internet router allows you to create the encryption type.
Also, Read Echo setup
How To Restart Your Echo Dot
- Turn off both your internet router and your modem device.
- Now, you will need to wait for at least 25-30 seconds.
- At this point, Turn “ON” your modem device first and wait for a few seconds so that it could fully restart.
- When it’s done, then, turn on your internet router.
- Now, simply take out the power adaptor of your Alexa Echo dot from the power socket.
- At that point, you need to Wait for your Echo to turn off for at least three to five seconds entirely.
- Now, insert it back in the power socket in the wall. When it’s done, Then go to your Alexa dot app and try to connect your Echo dot with the wifi network when you see the orange ring light indication on it.
Alexa Dot Troubleshooting
If you want to troubleshoot your Alexa dot device, then you will need to perform a few troubleshooting techniques on your internet router because your Alexa Echo dot runs with the help of the internet network. That is where most of your Echo dot’s problems and issues come from. We have given some troubleshooting techniques below. You can follow these techniques to troubleshoot the issues related to your Echo dot and have a hassle-free experience with it.
- Remove all unwanted and unused devices added on your internet router. This will increase the internet signal strength and connectivity of your internet router device.
- Always locate your Echo dot near your internet router and make sure no signal blocking objects such as wall, metal, wooden objects are placed between your Echo dot and router device. This will also improve the functioning of both your Echo dot and router device.
- Always place your Echo dot away from the devices such as TV, air coolers, Microwave Ovens, etc. These devices confuse your Echo dot in listening to your voice commands because these devices generate many sounds.
- Connect your Echo dot to the 5 GHz wireless bandwidth in your router. It will provide your Echo dot with sufficient internet signals and connectivity. Because this wifi bandwidth is less congested as compared with 2.4 GHz bandwidth. You will face no network interference along with a good internet range.
What is Alexa Dot Third Generation and how does it work?
The third-generation Echo dot devices are far better. When it comes to functionality, task execution, and, completion, it’s the latest addition to the last two Echo dot generations. For example, First-generation, second-generation Echo dot. This device works like any virtual Assistant for you and guides you in several kinds of tasks you do. You can add many skills to it and increase it’s working capabilities. But before using it. You have to configure this device first with the Alexa app. The Setup process of the Echo dot third generation is not complicated. It is easier than ever before.
It works and gives you the answers to given tasks and asked questions after getting voice instructions fro you. You can ask it whatever you don’t know? You can give it any task to do. For example, You can set reminders, alarms, add and remove something from the shopping lists. You can voice command it to instruct you for several kinds of physical exercises and meditation. You can tell it to read the storybooks for you. But you need to install the related skills on it before doing that. After that, you will be able to do anything you want. That is how Echo dot third generation work.