How To Setup 2nd-generation Echo Dot?
You might have heard people saying that setting up a second-generation echo dot is harder when it’s compared with third-generation echo dot setup. But, if you know the right way to do it, then, you can easily set up your echo dot with the help of a few simple steps. Alexa application, amazon account login information, and a Wi-Fi connection are must require before you start. Just look at the actions we demonstrate before you below.
How To Setup An Echo Dot
- Download The Alexa App ( Echo dot app ) from the application store of your smartphone.
- Open the Alexa application and login with your Amazon account login information.
- Tap on the Alexa app’s main settings menu and select the ” Add device” option.
- Choose the ” Amazon Echo” option.
- Select the ” Echo dot” option to start the Echo dot setup process.
- Plugin your Echo dot and wait for the orange ring light indication.
- Select your language
- Now, follow all the on-screen instructions on the Alexa app to complete the Echo dot Setup.
The Alexa dot assists you in almost every task you do and helps you in executing all of them. It automates your life and completes many tasks single-handedly just through your voice instructions. Amazon’s Echo dot can perform a broad range of functions as it provides you thousands of skills. But, you can do all of these things only after you are done with the setup of your Echo dot.
How To Setup the Echo dot 3rd-Generation?
- Connect your third-generation echo dot to the power source
- Download the Alexa app from the app store and install it.
- Use your Amazon account’s sign-in details for logging into the Alexa app.
- Tap on the ” Amazon echo device” in the devices list.
- Choose your Echo model name ” Echo dot”.
- Tap on the ” third-generation” box.
- Follow all instructions on the Alexa app screen to complete the third generation echo dot setup.
Echo Dot Setup Not Working
We suggest you to inspect the speed of your wi-fi internet network. Check if your wi-fi network is connected to your echo dot and transmitting a good amount of internet signals. If you find no wifi internet-related issues. Then, adopt the following ways to make your echo dot work again if it’s not working.
How To Fix your echo dot when It’s not working
- Make sure that your Echo dot is connected with a dual-band wireless internet router. So, it could receive good internet network speed.
- If you see an orange light indication on your echo dot, then, you can examine the wireless internet connection to which your Echo dot is connected. You can do that by going to the Settings >> Network settings of your Alexa app.
- Always enter your wifi password in the password field while setting up your Echo dot. Always enter the correct network password. Don’t enter the password of your Amazon Account in the network password field while setting up your Echo dot.
- Regularly update the firmware of your Modem and internet router device regularly.
- If your router is supporting WPA plus WPA-2 security type, then, change this security type to either WPA or WPA-2. This change will positively affect it’s functioning. You can also select the AES security type for your echo dot if your internet router allows you to create the encryption type security.
Also, Read Echo setup
How To Restart an Echo Dot
- Turn off both the internet router and modem.
- Now, just wait for at least 25-30 seconds.
- At this point, Turn “ON” your modem first and wait for a few seconds so that it could fully restart.
- When it’s done, then, turn on your wi-fi router.
- Now, simply take out the power adaptor of your Alexa Echo dot from the power socket.
- At that point, Please wait for your Echo dot to turn off for three to five seconds.
- Now, insert it back in the power socket in the wall. When it’s done, Then go to your Alexa dot app and try to connect your Echo dot with the wifi, when you see the orange ring light indication on it.
Alexa Dot Troubleshooting
We all know that our Echo dot devices work with the help of internet networks and electricity. That is why it is more prone to issues and problems. We have given the solutions and fixes of the most common Alexa echo dot setup related problems you can learn from below.
- Remove all unwanted and unused devices added on your internet router to increase the signal strength and connectivity of your internet router.
- Always locate your Echo dot near internet router and make sure no signal blocking objects such as wall, metal, wooden objects are placed between your Echo dot and router device.
- Place your Echo dot away from the devices such as TV, air coolers, Microwave Ovens, etc. These devices confuse your Echo dot in listening to your voice commands because of too much noise.
- Connect your Echo dot to the 5 GHz wireless bandwidth in your router. It will provide your Echo dot with sufficient internet signals and connectivity. Because this wi-fi bandwidth is less congested as compared with 2.4 GHz bandwidth.
How To Link Alexa Dot To WiFi
When you buy a new Echo dot, you will have to connect it to your wifi with the help of your Alexa app. You need to download the Alexa app before starting this procedure. Don’t forget to plug in your Echo dot to the power socket so that it could receive electricity supply to work. Always use the internet router, which works on dual bandwidths such as 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. You will just need to follow some steps to connect your Echo dot to the wifi network. Look at these steps below.
Connect Echo Dot To Wi-Fi network
- Launch and open the Alexa app on your smartphone.
- Go to the main menu available on the left side of your phone screen.
- Tap on the Settings menu.
- Click on your Echo dot’s name to choose it and click on the Update wifi option.
- Click on ” Set up a new device,” if you want to add one new device in your Account.
- Now, wait for the orange ring light to appear on your Echo dot.
- At this point, go to the wireless settings of your mobile phone and click on your Echo dot’s default name to connect it with your Alexa app.
- Now, in the Alexa app, connect your Echo dot to wifi by tapping on your wireless network’s name and entering its correct password.
- If you don’t see your wireless network’s name in the list of all available systems. Then you can click on the rescan button to refresh this list.
- In the end, click on the ” Connect” button to connect your Echo dot to the wifi internet.
Why can’t your Echo Dot work?
When your echo dot faces any kind of issue, it stops to work and don’t respond, function on your given instructions. In this case, we advise you to check a few things and fix them to get it working again. You will just need to ensure these things are working properly with your echo dot and perform the required steps if you find anything inappropriate. See below, what you have to check and do if your echo dot is not working.
- Check if your Echo dot is appropriately connected with wi-fi and transmitting sufficient internet speed.
- Ensure if your Alexa app is working on the most recent or latest version.
- Check the ring lights indications of your echo dot.
- Test the speed of your Wi-Fi internet and make sure it is 512kbps or higher. if not, restart your router again.
- If you have an outdated version of the Alexa app, go to the app store and update it from there by pressing the update button.
- If your echo dot is indicating orange or red even after performing previous steps, then set up your Echo dot again after resetting it.