How To Connect Alexa To Wifi?
Today, we are going to demonstrate before you about how to connect Alexa to the wifi network. We all know that joining the Alexa to your Wireless network is one of the hardest tasks to do when you Setup your Alexa device. You will need to ensure that you have a fast and working internet router to use with your Echo device if you want to connect Alexa to your wireless internet router. Then, You will need to have a wireless network or router, possessing a minimum of 512 kbps of internet speed. Follow the instructions you see below to connect Alexa to wifi in a natural way. Here are the Steps to Follow:-
Connect Alexa To Wifi network
- Connect the first end of the USB charging cable to the Adaptor of your Alexa and the second end to the charging port of your Echo.
- Now connect the Power Adaptor of your Alexa to the power outlet in the wall.
- After a couple of seconds, the blue ring light indication will start to circulate on your Alexa.
- After circulating for a few seconds. This blue ring light indication of your Alexa device will change to the “Orange” in color.
- Now, your Alexa Echo device will inform you saying that it is fully ready to Setup. Just follow the instructions on your Alexa app to Connect Alexa to your wifi network.
- Now, your Echo device is in its Setup mode. Simply take out your Phone And download the Alexa app on it.
- If you haven’t signed in into the Alexa app yet, then do it using your Alexa account’s username and password and login to your Alexa app.
- Now, click on the Home option on the left side navigational menu of your Alexa app. Click on the ” Alexa devices” option in this menu.
- On the right-hand side, top of your Alexa App screen. Tap on the “+” button, you see.
- At this point, your Echo App will ask you to “Choose a device you want to Setup.”
- Tap and select the Alexa device’s name you want to connect with your wifi network.
- At this point, users can select the ” Prefered Language” of their choice and tap on the “continue” option.
- Now, the Alexa App screen will appear, saying,” Begin your “Alexa Setup.”
- When it’s done, you have to click on the “Connect Alexa to wifi” option.
- Your Alexa app will confirm either the orange ring light indication is rolling above your Echo device or not.
- If the orange ring light indication is rolling, it will ask you to click on the ” Continue” option.
- Go to the wifi settings of your smartphone and search for the ” Amazon XYZ” network in the list of all available wifi networks and connect your Alexa app with it.
- Now, Your Alexa device will tell you that it’s connected.
- Now, you will see “connected to Echo devices” message on your smartphone screen and click on the ” Continue” button.
- After that, select the wifi network you want to connect with your Alexa and connect to it by filling in its password.
- Your Alexa device will take a few seconds to connect with your wifi network.
- After that, you can connect multiple other external devices, too, with your Alexa device.
- Hence the process connecting your Alexa to the wifi network is complete. Now, your Echo is ready to receive your voice instructions.
Why Does My Alexa Won’t Connect To Wifi?
Sometimes an Alexa device gives you multiple kinds of problems when you try to connect it with your internet (wifi) network. In such cases, you have to make a few things very clear in your mind and check these things. When you check these things before connecting your Alexa to the wifi network, you will not face any kind of problem while connecting your Alexa device with any wifi network.
- Restart your internet router and modem, if you face any kind of problem while connecting your Alexa to the wifi network. Then, this problem is arising due to faults in the hardware or wiring of your wifi network or Echo.
- If you are not able to connect your Alexa to the internet Then, you can reboot your Alexa and try to connect it again after the rebooting process.
- You have to ensure that you enter the right password or security key for your wifi (wireless) internet network. This password is case-sensitive.
- You will need to locate your Alexa device near your internet router device if you do that. Then, it will receive the right signals strength and internet connectivity and will work well.
- If you have tried every troubleshooting technique, then you have no way but to restore your Alexa device’s settings to the factory defaults. For doing that, you will simply need to hit and hold the mic button + sound down button. When you do that, Then, the ring light of your Echo will first turn orange in color. Then it will turn to blue color.
Connect Alexa To Wifi Without App
If you want to connect your Alexa device with your Wireless Internet network without using Alexa App, you will need to have an active and fast internet network. Your Alexa Device always connects and works well with dual bandwidth internet router devices. It does not support any bandwidth other than that. Your smartphone should be connected with that internet network. You will simply need to follow a few simple steps, which we will mention before you below.
How To Connect Alexa To Wifi Without App
- Just take your Phone and go to its Settings menu.
- Alternatively, you can also swipe downwards on your smartphone screen and tap on the Settings wheel available in the right-hand side top corner.
- Now, when you reach towards the Settings menu. Then, click or tap upon the Network menu available there.
- There you will see the list of all available internet networks. You can select your wifi network and connect to it by entering its password.
- If in case, This dropdown list doesn’t show you your wifi network. You can then rescan or refresh this list so that a newer wifi network could show up there.
- That is how you can connect your Alexa device to your wifi internet without using the Alexa app.
Also, Read Fix Orange light on Alexa
How To Interface Echo Dot To WiFi
When you buy a new Echo dot device, you will have to connect it with your wireless network with the help of your Alexa app. You need to have a fast and efficient internet wifi network at your place to Connect your Echo dot with it. First, download the Alexa app before starting this procedure. Don’t forget to plug in your Echo dot to the power socket so that it could receive electricity supply to work. Always use the internet router, which works on dual bandwidths such as 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. You will just need to follow some steps to connect your Echo dot to the wifi network. Look at these steps below.
Connect Echo Dot To Wi-Fi network
- Go to the Alexa app on your smartphone
- Open the navigational menu available on the left side of your phone screen, denoting three horizontal lines.
- Tap on the Settings menu there.
- Tap on your Echo dot to choose it and click on the Update wifi option. Click on ” Set up a new device,” if you want to add one new device in your Account.
- Now, wait for the orange ring light to appear on your Echo dot.
- At this point, go to the wireless settings of your mobile phone and click on your Echo dot’s default name to connect it with your Alexa app.
- Now, in the Alexa app, connect your Echo dot to wifi by tapping on your wireless network’s name and entering its correct password.
- If you don’t see your wireless network’s name in the list of all available systems. Then you can click on the rescan button to refresh this list.
- In the end, click on the ” Connect” button to connect your Echo dot to the wifi
- Hence, it’s connected.
How To Connect Alexa To New Wifi Network
The process of Connecting Alexa to your new wifi network is almost similar to how you usually connect it with your older routers. You can follow all the steps below.
Connect Alexa To New Wifi
- To Connect Alexa to new wifi, First of all, sign in to your Amazon account by entering your Amazon Account’s username and password.
- Now, you will need to hit the “get started” button >> Confirm your name registered with your Amazon account.
- At this point, the Alexa app will show you a box on your smartphone, asking for permission to access your messages, notifications, contacts, etc. It’s not essential. You can hit the Allow or later option according to your choice.
- Go to the Settings option available in the navigational menu placed in the left side top of your smartphone screen with three horizontal lines shown upon it.
- Now, simply click on the “Add device” option.
- Tap on the name of the Echo device you want to connect with your network. For example, the amazon echo.
- Select your Alexa’s generation. For example, second, third, fourth, and so on.
- At this point, you will simply have to insert your Alexa device’ s Adaptor into the wall outlet after connecting its another end with your Echo device.
- Now, you will first see blue and then orange ring light indication. Soon, your Alexa device will come into the Setup mode.
- Go to the wifi settings of your Phone. Connect your Alexa app with the Echo, which you see in the available network’s list.
- You will see your Alexa device’ s name, such as ” Amazon MNO.” Click on it and connect your Echo device with it.
- After that, you will have to connect your Echo with your new wifi network. By selecting the name of your new wifi network and filling in its password.
- Now, your Echo device will take a few seconds to connect with your new wifi router.
- Hence, the Alexa app’s home page will display that your Alexa is online, and Alexa Setup is complete.
How Can I Reset or Change The Wi-Fi Network of my Alexa Device?
If you are using Alexa Echo devices at your home, you must know that it functions and operates with the help of the Alexa App and an efficient internet network. Without these two things, Alexa will not be able to perform all of its functions and works. We think that you must know about how you can easily reset or change the wifi network when you use it with your Alexa device after connecting your Alexa with wifi network.
- Launch or open the Alexa App on any of your smartphones if you haven’t downloaded it yet. Then download it and sign in to it using your Amazon account login credentials.
- After opening it, you will see a ” Devices” tab at the bottom of your smartphone screen on the right side.
- Now, simply tap upon the “Echo and Alexa” option/icon.
- Press the ” Change” option you see next to the “Wifi network” option.
- The next Alexa App screen will ask you to confirm if your Echo is powered on and orange ring light is visible on it. Confirm that by pressing/tapping upon the “Yes” option if it is visible.
- If orange light is not visible to you, press and hold on the ” Action ( Dot ) small button you have on your Echo. Press and hold it for a minimum of 10 seconds and release. It’s also done for the Echo reset.
- At this point, your Echo will go to the setup mode. An orange light will come upon your Echo again. After that, Choose your wifi network from the list of wifi networks it shows you. Enter its password to connect with your chosen wifi network.
Also, Read Echo Setup