How To Connect Alexa To WiFi?
Before connecting your Alexa device with the wifi network, you will have to install the Alexa app on your phone. You need a continuous electric supply to connect Alexa to WiFi network because All Amazon Echo devices and their variants need electricity, internet, and the Alexa app for their Setup.
- Install the Alexa app and sign-in with your Amazon account details.
- On the right side bottom, you will see the “Devices” option.
- Press the ” Echo & Alexa” icon and choose your Alexa device you want to connect with the wi-fi network.
- Alexa will start to show you the “online” status from “offline”.
- Choose the “Change” option you see on the right side of the wi-fi network in the Alexa app and follow the prompts given by it.
- Reset the Alexa if it’s not connecting to the wifi network.
How To Fix Alexa when it won’t connect to Wi-Fi?
If your Alexa is not connecting to the WiFi, Then, you can restart it and its connected echo devices, check its wifi password, change your Router’s settings, change your wifi network’s settings or factory reset your Amazon Alexa to fix this issue.
- Restart your Alexa and Router after unplugging both from the electric source and plug them back after a minute.
Perform every step of Echo Setup very carefully and accurately.
- You have to check that the password for your wifi (wireless) internet network is correctly entered and it’s case sensitive too.
- Connect your Alexa to the selected router, if you have multiple routers at your place.
- You will need to locate your Alexa device near your wifi router device. If you do that, then, it will receive sufficient signal strength, internet connectivity and will work well.
- If you have changed the password of your Alexa and forgot to update it. Then, you can do so by going to the Alexa settings >> Wifi option >> following the commands you see on your Alexa Application.
- If your internet (wifi) network is hidden for some reason, then unhide it so that your Alexa could connect and function well with it.
- In case you have connected a wifi extender with your router. Then, we would advise you to remove it and connect your modem to the Alexa directly. It will surely boost the signal strength of the router and will improve the functioning of your echo.
- You can also upgrade your Alexa app to the latest version available. Because the latest versions are always improved and troubleshoots a lot of network-related issues itself.
- If you have tried everything, then you have no way but to restore your Alexa device’s settings to the factory defaults. To do that, you will need to hit and hold the mic button + sound down button. When you do that, Then, the ring light of your echo will first turn orange in color. Then it will turn to blue color.
Connect Alexa To Wifi Without App
If you want to connect your Alexa device with the Wireless Internet network without using Alexa App. Then, you will need to have an active and fast internet network. Your Alexa Device always connects and works well with dual bandwidth internet router devices. It does not support any bandwidth other than that. Your smartphone should also be connected with that internet network. You will simply need to follow a few simple steps, which we will mention before you below.
How To Connect Alexa To Wifi Without App
- Just take your Phone and go to its Settings menu.
- Alternatively, you can also swipe downwards on your smartphone screen and tap on the Settings wheel available in the right-hand side top corner.
- Now, when you reach towards the Settings menu. Then, click or tap upon the Network menu available there.
- There you will see the list of all available internet networks. You can select your wifi network and connect to it by entering its password.
- If in case, This dropdown list doesn’t show you your wifi network. You can then rescan or refresh this list so that a newer wifi network could show up there.
- That is how you can connect your Alexa device to your wifi internet without using the Alexa app.
Also, Read Fix Orange light on Alexa
How to Change The Wi-Fi Network of my Amazon Alexa?
If you are using the Alexa Echo device at your home, you must know that it functions and operates with the help of the Alexa App and an efficient internet network. Without these two things, Alexa will not be able to perform all of its functions and works. We think that you must know about how you can easily reset or change the wifi network when you use it with your Alexa device after connecting your Alexa with the wifi network.
- Launch or open the Alexa App on any of your smartphones, if you haven’t downloaded it yet.
- Then download it and sign in to it using your Amazon account login credentials.
- After opening it, you will see a ” Devices” tab at the bottom of your smartphone screen on the right side.
- Now, simply tap upon the “Echo and Alexa” option/icon.
- Tap on the ” Change” option you see next to the “Wifi network” option.
- The next Alexa App screen will ask you to confirm if your Echo powered on and orange ring light is visible on it. Confirm that by pressing/tapping upon the “Yes” option if it is visible.
- If an orange light is not visible to you, press and hold on the ” Action ( Dot ) small button you have on your Echo. Press and hold it for a minimum of 10 seconds and release. It’s also done for the Echo reset.
- At this point, your Echo will move to the setup mode. An orange light will come upon your Echo again. After that, Choose your wifi network from the list of wifi networks it shows you. Enter its password to connect with your chosen wifi network.