How To Connect Alexa To Wifi?
Before connecting your Alexa with the wifi network, you will have to download and install the Alexa app on your phone or PC. You have to first confirm that your wifi network is transmitting the proper internet speed (512 kbps minimum). A continuous electric supply is also required to connect Alexa to wifi network because All Alexa devices and their variants need electricity, internet, and the Alexa app for their Setup. In contrast, the wifi setup process of all third-gen Alexa devices is a bit of automatic and does not require most of these steps.
Connect Alexa To Wifi network
- Connect the Power Adaptor of your Alexa to the power outlet in the wall.
- A few seconds later, the blue ring light indication will start to rotate on your Alexa.
- Now, your Alexa speaker will say that it is fully ready to Setup after giving you an orange light indication.
- Now, simply download the Alexa app on it from the app store, while your echo is in setup mode.
- Sign in to your Amazon Alexa account using its username and password.
- Click on the Home option in the Alexa app menu >> Tap on ” Alexa devices”there.
- Tap on the “+” button located at the top of your Alexa app screen.
- Now “Choose The Alexa device and its name you want to Setup and connect with your wifi .”
- Now, users can select their ” Preferred Language” and tap on the “continue” option.
- At this point, Begin your “Alexa Setup”.
- When it’s done, you have to click on the “Connect Alexa to wifi” option.
- Now, If the orange ring light indication is rolling, it will ask you to click on the “Continue” option.
- Go to the wifi settings of your smartphone and search for the “Amazon XYZ” network in the list of all available wifi networks and connect your Alexa app with it.
- Now, Your Alexa device will tell you that it’s connected.
- At this point, you will see “connected to Echo devices” message on your screen and click on the “Continue” button.
- After that, select the wifi network you want to connect with your Alexa and connect your Alexa with it using your wifi password.
- Your Alexa device will take a few seconds to connect with your wifi network.
Why Does My Alexa Won’t Connect To Wifi?
As we know, Amazon Echo is a smart speaker dependent on the wifi network and runs on internet signals. Echo behaves just like any normal Bluetooth speaker if not connected to the wifi internet network. It can only process your voice instructions and complete the given function when it’s connected to the internet. Sometimes, your echo faces multiple kinds of network-related issues, for example, it continuously gets disconnected from the internet. To fix this problem, you can adopt some troubleshooting methods you see below.
- Restart your Alexa and Router after unplugging both from the electric source and plug them back after a minute.
Perform every step of Alexa Setup very carefully and accurately.
- You have to check that the password for your wifi (wireless) internet network is correctly entered and it’s case sensitive too.
- Connect your Alexa to the selected router, if you have multiple routers at your place.
- You will need to locate your Alexa device near your wifi router device. If you do that, then, it will receive sufficient signal strength, internet connectivity and will work well.
- If you have changed the password of your Alexa and forgot to update it. Then, you can do so by going to the Alexa device settings >> Wifi option and following the commands you see on your Alexa Application.
- If your internet (wifi) network is hidden for some reason, then unhide it so that your Alexa device could connect and function well with it.
- In case you have connected a wifi extender with your router. Then, we would advise you to remove it and connect your modem to the Alexa directly. It will surely boost the signal strength of the router and will improve the functioning of your echo.
- You can also upgrade your Alexa app to the latest version available. Because the latest versions are always improved and troubleshoots a lot of network-related issues itself.
- If you have tried every troubleshooting technique, then you have no way but to restore your Alexa device’s settings to the factory defaults. To do that, you will need to hit and hold the mic button + sound down button. When you do that, Then, the ring light of your echo will first turn orange in color. Then it will turn to blue color.
Connect Alexa To Wifi Without App
If you want to connect your Alexa device with the Wireless Internet network without using Alexa App. Then, you will need to have an active and fast internet network. Your Alexa Device always connects and works well with dual bandwidth internet router devices. It does not support any bandwidth other than that. Your smartphone should also be connected with that internet network. You will simply need to follow a few simple steps, which we will mention before you below.
How To Connect Alexa To Wifi Without App
- Just take your Phone and go to its Settings menu.
- Alternatively, you can also swipe downwards on your smartphone screen and tap on the Settings wheel available in the right-hand side top corner.
- Now, when you reach towards the Settings menu. Then, click or tap upon the Network menu available there.
- There you will see the list of all available internet networks. You can select your wifi network and connect to it by entering its password.
- If in case, This dropdown list doesn’t show you your wifi network. You can then rescan or refresh this list so that a newer wifi network could show up there.
- That is how you can connect your Alexa device to your wifi internet without using the Alexa app.
Also, Read Fix Orange light on Alexa
How Can I Reset or Change The Wi-Fi Network of my Alexa Device?
If you are using the Alexa Echo device at your home, you must know that it functions and operates with the help of the Alexa App and an efficient internet network. Without these two things, Alexa will not be able to perform all of its functions and works. We think that you must know about how you can easily reset or change the wifi network when you use it with your Alexa device after connecting your Alexa with the wifi network.
- Launch or open the Alexa App on any of your smartphones, if you haven’t downloaded it yet.
- Then download it and sign in to it using your Amazon account login credentials.
- After opening it, you will see a ” Devices” tab at the bottom of your smartphone screen on the right side.
- Now, simply tap upon the “Echo and Alexa” option/icon.
- Tap on the ” Change” option you see next to the “Wifi network” option.
- The next Alexa App screen will ask you to confirm if your Echo is powered on and orange ring light is visible on it. Confirm that by pressing/tapping upon the “Yes” option if it is visible.
- If orange light is not visible to you, press and hold on the ” Action ( Dot ) small button you have on your Echo. Press and hold it for a minimum of 10 seconds and release. It’s also done for the Echo reset.
- At this point, your Echo will move to the setup mode. An orange light will come upon your Echo again. After that, Choose your wifi network from the list of wifi networks it shows you. Enter its password to connect with your chosen wifi network.
Also, Read Echo Setup