Download Alexa App For PC
Nowadays, downloading the Alexa app for Windows PC has become easier than before. You can download the Alexa app for PC, iPhone, Mac, Windows 10, Android phones, etc. and connect it with your Echo device very easily. There are two methods of installing the Echo app on the computer. First, You can simply go to the Microsoft store located in the taskbar of almost all windows 10 computers.
There you can search for the Alexa app and download it by clicking on the get button. You can log in to it and get it working by following some on-screen instructions to set it up. Second, You can also go to Alexa.Amazon.com via the address bar of your web browser and login into it with the help of your Amazon Account’s login credentials. That is the method by which you can set up your Echo device without actually installing or downloading the Alexa app for your PC and smartphone devices.
If you want to Access the Alexa App on your Mac computer, then, you can do that by going to Alexa.Amazon.com from your Mac’s web browser. Simply log in to the Alexa web app using the login credentials of your Amazon account. Now, imitate the instructions and commands, you see on your Alexa web app screen. You can also download the Amazon Alexa app for your Windows 10 PC from the Microsoft Store. Below, we are going to mention a stepwise procedure about how to download Alexa App for Windows 10, Windows 7, and all Windows computers. Though the process of installing the Alexa app on all Windows devices is the same, you can try these methods according to the Windows Operating system version you have.
Also, Read Download Alexa app
Can You Download Alexa App For Windows 10 PC?
You can download the Alexa app for Windows 10 PC, by going through a simple and a useful sequence of instructions and commands, which Alexa Application gives you. If you want to download and install the Alexa app on your Windows 10 PC. Then, You can do that in two ways. You can do it by going to Microsoft Store or by visiting the Alexa.Amazon.com website. Follow the steps mentioned and specified below.
Download Alexa App For Windows 10 PC
- Launch the Microsoft Store available in the taskbar of your Windows 10 PC by clicking on its icon.
- Now, the Microsoft store home screen will appear on your Windows 10 PC.
- Go to the search bar of your Microsoft store and type in the ” Alexa App” there and tap on the ” Enter” button.
- Now, you will see the Alexa app option along with its Alexa icon.
- Click on that “Alexa App” icon.
- Now, click on the ” Get” button to download the Alexa app for Windows 10 computer.
- You can launch the Alexa app by clicking on the ” Launch” button when it’s installed on your Windows 10 computer.
- Now, you can log in to your Alexa App by entering the username and password of your Amazon Account and proceed further to Setup your Alexa Device.
- At this point, you will see the terms and conditions on your Alexa app screen. Click on the ” Continue” button there.
- Now, you will see the “talk to your Alexa” screen on your Windows 10 PC. Click on the ” Continue” button.
- At this point, A dialogue box will appear asking you to “let Alexa Access your microphone”. Click on the ” Yes” button below it to allow it to access your Windows 10 PC’s microphone.
- Now, turn on the hands-free mode to activate your Echo device just by giving it a voice commands without pressing the wake button on your computer.
- Alexa App on your Windows 10 PC will display you the “Configure Alexa on PC” settings. Enable or disable the options according to your need and click on the ” Finish Setup” option.
- You will get a small box on your Alexa App screen asking you ” Let this app run Alexa task when you log in”. Click on the “Enable” option.
- Then, The Alexa app will ask you a question ” Do you want to pin Alexa to taskbar” choice. Press down the “Yes” option you see there.
- Finally, you will see the home screen of the Alexa app on your Windows 10 computer screen. There you can go to the settings option to modify its settings. You can try to add various new skills into your Alexa app directly from the skills store.
For downloading the Alexa app on your Windows 10 PC. You will need to have a fast and working internet connection connected to your Windows 10 pc. Alexa app works well on all windows 10 computers as compared to windows 7 computer. Because Windows 10 PC’s are more advanced and better than the Windows 7 PCs. Windows 10 has advanced features and functions than a windows 7 PC.
Also, Read Connect Alexa to wifi
Hence, your Echo device is ready to listen to your voice instructions. Now, you are free to add as many skills you want to add in your Echo device. If you want to add capabilities to your Alexa app, then, you will need to go to the home page of your Alexa app. Then, you will just have to click on the skills option available in the left navigation menu of your Echo app.
When you click on that option, you will see the page which will show you the grid view of all skills which you can add with your Alexa app according to their functions, names, and ratings, etc. if you want to know how to add Alexa skills into the Alexa app. Then you can click on that skill and click on the ” Enable” button there. Hence, the skill will add up to your Alexa app.
How Can I Download the Alexa app for windows 7 PC?
If you want to download the Alexa app for windows 7 PC, then, don’t get panic, it’s straightforward. For doing that, You will need to visit the Alexa.Amazon.com website for accessing the Alexa app without downloading it. Look at all the steps below and follow them to Setup your Echo device.
How to Download Alexa App For Windows 7 PC
- To start downloading the Alexa App on your Windows 7 PC. Get on your computer and launch its web browser.
- Now, simply type in the “Alexa.Amazon.com” in the address bar of your web browser and click on the ” Enter” button.
- Now, you will see the “Alexa.Amazon.com“/ Alexa web app on your Windows 7 PC.
- Simply enter the UserID and security key of your Amazon account and click on the login button, If you are not logged into your Amazon Account.
- Once you are logged into the Alexa App on your Windows 7 PC, then, just unbox your Echo device and turn it on by connecting it with the power socket.
- Now, wait for the ring light indication of your Alexa device to turn orange in color.
- Now, Go to the navigation panel available on the left side of your windows 7 computer screen to connect the Echo device with the Alexa app.
- Just click on the “Settings” >> Setup a New Device>> Amazon Echo>> Select the language of your Echo.
- Go to the wifi settings of your computer and connect your Alexa device with the Alexa web app by clicking on ” “Amazon XXX” from the list of wifi networks available.
- If you don’t see your Alexa device on this list, in that situation, You just need to press down and hold the Action button of your Alexa device for at least 8-12 seconds. Then, your Echo device will automatically go to the setup mode.
- After that, You will simply need to follow all the instructions you see on your Windows 7 computer screen to Setup your Alexa device and complete the Echo setup.
You will need to check about the firmware of your computer before installing the Alexa app on it. Your computer device should have Alexa app supported firmware installed on it. Because if your computer device will not have Alexa app supported firmware. Then, your Alexa app will work differently than it works on your Alexa device. In this case, you will need to press the blue button on your computer’s screen to wake up your Alexa application. It will not activate after listening to the ” Wake” word because of the absence of the supported firmware. Nowadays. Most of the companies are manufacturing the computers and laptops with Alexa supported firmware installed on them. These laptops give you the same experience of operating the Alexa app as you get on your smartphone devices.
Alexa App For Windows 10
- Go to your Windows computer, Launch Microsoft store by clicking on its icon in the taskbar.
- Look out for the “Alexa App“ in the search bar of your Microsoft store’s home screen located on the right side of the Microsoft store window.
- At that point, click on the icon of your Alexa app from the rundown of All Alexa related Apps.
- After that, click on the ” Get” option to download the Alexa app on Windows PC.
- When you do that Alexa app will automatically start the download process on your Windows computer.
- You can launch the Alexa app on windows by clicking on the “Launch” button on your computer screen. And sign into it.
- Click on the “Continue” button when you see the terms and conditions page on your Alexa app screen after reading them.
- Click upon the ” Yes” button/option to ” let Alexa Application Access your computer’s microphone”.
- Turn on the hands-free mode to activate your Alexa app via your voice and give it voice commands without pressing the wake button.
- Enable all options above to ” Configure Alexa on PC” and press the ” Finish Setup” button.
- Click on the enable button below the message showing “Let this app run Alexa task when you log in”.
- Now, Pin Alexa to the taskbar of your Windows PC.
- Hence, you will see the home screen of the Alexa app on your Windows PC.
How Can I install Alexa App For Windows 8.1?
We have a piece of good news for All Windows 8.1 PC users. Users can now download the Alexa app for Windows 8.1 PC. We advise you to always be signed in into your Windows 8.1 PC from your Microsoft account. Interrogate your wifi network for efficient speed and function.
- Tap on the start menu of your Windows 8.1 PC.
- You will see the Search bar on the right side of your computer’s screen.
- Search for the “Alexa App” there.
- Microsoft store will show you the “Alexa App”. You can download it from there.
- Install the Alexa app on your Windows 8.1 PC. Once downloading is complete.
- Follow the commands it gives you and steps it asks you to perform.
- Sign in to the Alexa app with your Amazon account once it is installed on your Windows 8.1 PC.
Also, Read Echo Plus Setup