Amazon Echo Input Setup
An Echo setup is responsible for getting your Amazon Echo input work. To complete the Echo input Setup, you have to download the Alexa App, login to the Alexa App from your Amazon account & Connect your Echo input with the wifi network by following the Setup instructions on the Alexa app.
You can’t use your Amazon Echo input Smart speaker without finishing the Echo setup. But, If you have connected it with the Amazon Alexa app & wifi internet. Then, it can do almost anything on your voice commands. Echo input also allows you to connect & control your Bluetooth speakers and other smart home devices with it.
Echo Input Setup from phone
- Open the Google Playstore on your Smartphone.
- You will see a lookup Bar on the top.
- Now, type in the “Amazon Alexa” on it and press the “OK” button.
- After a second, You will see the Amazon Alexa logo on the app screen along with the “Install” button.
- Tap on that “Install” button.
- Now, Open the Alexa App on your Smartphone and tap on the plus “+” sign.
- Tap on the Amazon Echo input option to add it to your Alexa app.
- Follow the steps on the Alexa app to connect your Echo to the internet and complete the Echo setup.
Also Read Download Alexa App For PC
Amazon Echo Input Setup from Computer
- Open a web browser on your computer.
- Type the “alexa.amazon.com” in the address bar of your web browser and press the enter key.
- Sign-in to the Amazon Alexa with your Alexa account.
- Create a new account if you don’t have any (option).
- After signing into the Alexa app, click on the “Begin set-up” button.
- Choose the “Echo input” from the list of all available Echo devices.
- Select the preferred language for your Amazon Echo input.
- Press down the “Continue” button to start a wifi network search on your Amazon Input.
- Plug-in your Echo input to the power source.
- Now, A rotating blue light indication will appear in your Echo input.
- After that, Please Wait for a minute. till the blue light turns to the orange in color.
- Now, press the Action Button having a dot symbol (.) for six seconds.
- After that, Your Amazon Echo will let you know that it’s in the installation mode. Do what Alexa App instructs you to do on the app screen.
- Go back to your computer and press the “Continue” button.
- Now, go to the Wi-Fi settings of your computer and check the name of your Amazon input listed in the Wi-Fi device list, and Connect the Echo input to your Computer.
- Now you will get the message that “You are connected, Now, go back to the Alexa App on your Computer and press the “Continue” button for scanning the Wi-Fi networks.
- Choose down the Wireless network to whom you want to link your Echo input device.
- Hence, your Echo setup is finished.
Also, Read Echo Dot Setup
Amazon Echo Auto Setup in Car
- Go to the Alexa app and tap on the “Add a new device”.
- Now, the blue light will go off and an orange light will start to sweep down on the light bar.
- Tap on the device icon at the right-bottom of the Alexa app screen.
- Tap on the plus + option followed by clicking on the “Add Device” option.
- Select the device “Amazon Echo” followed by clicking on the “Echo Auto” option.
- A Wi-Fi search will start and the name of the Echo Auto will appear in the Wi-Fi networks list on your Alexa app.
- Now the name of your phone will appear on the speaker of your car. Tap on your’s phone’s name and it will be paired with your Amazon Echo Auto to finish the echo auto setup.
Note:- Some permissions including access to your location and microphone are required to complete the Alexa Auto setup depending on your Smartphone and car.
The set-up is over and you can now use the Echo Auto in your car. However, If you are facing issues in connecting the Echo Auto smart speaker with Phone. Then try the following steps:-
- Unplug the micro USB cable from Alexa Auto for 45 seconds and then plug back in.
- Check for a sweeping orange light on the light bar. If it’s not there, then press the action button having the symbol of a dot (.) for 8 seconds to put the device into the Setup mode.
- In the Alexa app, Repeat the Echo Auto setup and leave your Echo Auto plugged-in even if you are not driving.
We suggest you to Place your Echo Auto on the dashboard near the vent mount of your car to see its light bar easily. You can Insert the power adapter in the cigarette lighter port of your car & use the inbuilt USB port of your car. We advise you to Connect your Echo Auto to the port via micro USB cable and enable the Bluetooth on your Smartphone and set your car’s stereo in Bluetooth or aux while turning on your Echo auto.
If your car speaker doesn’t support Bluetooth music streaming. Then, you can use it by using an auxiliary cable to connect Echo Auto to the speaker. When you start your car, a blue light appears on the light bar of your Amazon Echo auto. After a few seconds, your Echo Auto will say “Hello, let’s get rolling.
Now, you can play the songs through the car’s speakers via an auxiliary input or the Bluetooth of your phone. It can hear the users even while playing music and in road noise. The user’s car needs to have Bluetooth 4.0 or a higher version to connect with echo auto via Bluetooth. When you are all done with the Alexa auto Setup, Then, you can give instruct your Echo auto to do the things you want. For example, Navigating the places, playing songs and music, calling someone, etc.