Step by Step Guide for Echo Dot Setup?
Amazon Echo dot Setup needs Alexa app, Amazon Echo Account login details, and a Wi-Fi internet to get your Echo dot working.
- Visit the application store or Alexa.amazon.com from your phone.
- Now, Download & install the “Echo dot app” after searching for it.
- Plugin the Adaptor of your Echo dot to the power source socket & wait for it to turn on.
- Open the Alexa application and login with your Amazon account login information.
- Tap on the Alexa app’s “More” menu and open the ” Add device” option.
- Choose the ” Amazon Echo” option from the list of all smart devices.
- Select the ” Echo dot” option.
- Plugin your Echo dot and wait for the orange light to appear.
- Select your preferred language.
- Tap on the ” Yes” button to allow the Amazon Alexa app to access your location.
- Now, follow all instructions on the Alexa app to connect your Echo dot to the wifi and complete its Setup to get it working.
The Alexa dot app can assist you in almost every task you do. Amazon’s Echo dot automates your all daily tasks with the help of Alexa skills. But, you can do all of these things only after completing the Alexa wifi setup of your Echo dot.
Echo Dot Setup Not Working
First, check the speed & connection status of your wi-fi internet. If you find no wifi internet-related issues. Then, check it’s power source connection status. Always Setup your Echo dot with the help of the Echo dot App & make your echo dot work if it’s not working after the completion of its Setup.
How To Fix Amazon Echo dot when It’s not working
- Make sure that your Echo dot is connected with a dual-band wireless router. As these wifi Routers provide good internet speed.
- If you see an orange light on your Echo dot. Then, you can examine your Echo dot’s wifi connection status by going to the Settings menu & tapping on the Network settings of your Alexa app.
- Always Enter the Correct & accurate wifi password while setting up your Echo dot.
- Regularly update the firmware of your Modem and internet router device.
- If your router is supporting WPA plus WPA-2 security type, then, change its security type to either WPA or WPA-2.
- You can also select the AES security type for your echo dot if your router allows you to set the encryption type security.
How To Restart Echo Dot
- First, you have to turn off both the router and modem.
- Wait for at least 25-30 seconds.
- Now, turn “ON” your modem and wait for it to fully restart.
- Turn on your wi-fi router.
- Now, simply take out the power adaptor of your Alexa Echo dot from the power socket.
- At that point, Please wait for your Echo dot to turn off for three to five seconds.
- Now, Plug your Echo dot back in the power socket of the wall. Go to your Alexa dot app and try to connect your Echo dot to the wifi after the completion of its restart & orange light indication.
Echo Dot Troubleshooting
The Echo dot works with the help of internet networks and electricity to perform all the tasks. That is why it is more prone to wi-fi issues and problems.
Thatiswhy, Echo dot troubleshooting is important to fix the most common echo setup related problems.
- Remove all unwanted and unused devices added on your router to increase the signal efficiency & connectivity of your internet router and Amazon Echo dot.
- Always locate your Echo dot near the Wi-fi router and make sure no signal blocking objects such as wall, metal, wooden objects are placed between your Echo dot and router.
- Don’t locate your Echo dot near the TV, air coolers, Microwave Ovens, etc. These devices confuse your Echo dot from understanding your voice commands as they generate too much noise.
- Connect your Echo dot to the 5 GHz wifi bandwidth in your router. It will provide your Echo dot with sufficient internet signals and connectivity. Because this wi-fi bandwidth is less congested as compared to 2.4 GHz bandwidth.
How To Connect Echo Dot To WiFi
You can easily connect Amazon Echo dot to wifi with help of the Alexa app and complete the Echo dot setup. First, Install the Alexa app on your phone & plug in your Echo dot to the power source for the Electric supply. Keep Amazon account login details ready for the Alexa app login. Always use a Wi-Fi router that supports dual bandwidths such as 2.4 & 5 GHz.
- Open the Alexa app on your smartphone.
- On the Echo app, Go to the “Devices” menu available on the left side bottom.
- Now, Tap on the ” Plus”, “+” button at the right side top of your Echo dot app screen.
- Now, select the ” Add device” option from the next menu.
- Choose the “Amazon Echo” from the list of available smart devices.
- Select ” Echo dot” from the next list of options.
- Press the ” Yes” button on the Alexa app, if your Echo dot is Flashing the orange ring light.
- Now, Select your Echo dot device from the list of detected devices from the Amazon Echo app.
- On the next screen, choose your Wi-Fi network & connect your Echo dot with it after entering the correct password.
- Press the ” Continue” button after connecting your Echo dot to wifi.
- Choose & select the best location for your Amazon echo dot from the app and tap on the ” Continue” button.
Echo Dot Can’t Work?
When your echo dot strucks in any kind of issue, it stops to work, respond & function on your given voice instructions. In this case, you can check a few things and fix them to get your Echo dot work again if your Echo dot can’t work anymore.
You will just have to inspect a few things on your Alexa Echo dot & solve the issues if you find any. See below, what you have to check and do if your echo dot is not working.
- Check if your Echo dot is appropriately connected with wi-fi and transmitting sufficient internet speed.
- Ensure if your Alexa app is updated to its latest version.
- Check the ring light indications of your echo dot.
- Test the speed of your Wi-Fi internet and make sure it is at least 512kbps or higher. if not, restart your router again.
- If you have an outdated version of the Alexa app, go to the app store and update your Echo dot app from there by pressing the update button.
- If your echo dot is indicating orange or red light even after performing all Echo dot Setup steps, then Setup your Echo dot again after resetting it.
How To Reset Echo Dot?
In general, you should not reset your Echo dot. But if your Echo dot is giving you too many problems and is not solving even after troubleshooting. Then, you don’t have any choice but to reset your Amazon echo dot.
Echo dot Reset from Echo dot App
- Launch the Alexa app on your phone and tap on the “devices” option there.
- You will see the ” Echo and Alexa” option there, tap on it.
- Select the Echo dot device you want to reset by tapping on its name.
- Slide downwards and tap on the ” Factory settings reset” to reset your Echo dot and confirm the reset by pressing the ” Confirm button there.
Manual Echo Dot Reset
- Press down and keep the Action button of your Echo dot pressed for at least 15-20 seconds from your forefinger or paper clip.
- Now, an orange light will pulse on your Echo dot and your Amazon Echo dot will turn off.
- Now, Wait for the light to lit and turn blue.
- After that, your Echo dot ring light will automatically turn to orange color and it will go into the Echo dot Setup mode.