How To Connect Alexa To WiFi
Today, we are going to demonstrate before you about how to connect Alexa to the wifi network. We all know that connecting the Alexa device to your Wireless network is one of the hardest tasks to do while you Setup your Echo device. You will need to ensure that you have a fast and working internet router to use with your Alexa Echo device. If you want to connect your Alexa device to your wireless internet router. Then, You will need to have a wireless network or router possessing a minimum of 512 kbps of internet speed. Follow the instructions you see below to connect Alexa to wifi in an easy way. Here are the Steps to Follow:-
How To Connect Alexa To WiFi network
- Connect the first of USB charging cable to the Adaptor of your Alexa device and second and to the charging port of your Alexa device.
- Now insert the power Adaptor to the power socket in the wall.
- After a couple of seconds, the blue ring light indication will start to circulate around your Echo device.
- After circulating around for a few seconds of time. the blue ring light indication of your Alexa device will change to the ‘ Orange” in color.
- Now, your Echo device will speak. “Hello, your Echo device is ready for Setup, Just follow the instructions in your Alexa app and Connect Alexa to wifi.
- Now, your Alexa device is in its Setup mode. Simply take out your Phone And download the Alexa app on it, and then go on to connect Alexa to the wifi network.
- If you haven’t signed in into it yet using its username and password. Then, you should log in to it by filling in your Amazon Account’s username and password.
- Now, click on the Home option on the left side navigational menu of your smartphone screen. Click on the ” Alexa devices” option in this menu.
- On the right-hand side top of your smartphone device. You will see a “+” button. Press that “+” button.
- At this point, your mobile screen will ask you to “Choose a device you want to Setup”.
- Select and tap on the Alexa device’s name you want to connect to the wifi network.
- Now, choose your ” Language” and tap on the “continue” option.
- Now, a screen will appear saying” Begin your “Alexa Setup“.
- After that, click on the “Connect Alexa to Wifi” option.
- Now, your Alexa app will confirm either the orange ring light indication is rolling above your Echo device.
- If the orange ring light indication is rolling. Then, click on the ” Continue” option.
- Now, go to the wifi settings of your smartphone device and search for the ” Amazon MNO” in the list of all available networks and connect your Alexa app with it.
- When it will connect your Alexa device will tell you that it’s connected.
- Now, you will see “connected to Echo device” message on your smartphone screen and you will have to click on the ” Continue” buttons there.
- After that, select the wifi network you want to connect with your Alexa device and connect to it by filling in its password.
- Your Alexa device will take a few seconds to connect with your wifi network.
- After that, you can connect many other external devices too with your Alexa device.
- Hence the setup is complete your Alexa device is ready to receive your voice instructions.
Also, Read Download Alexa App
Alexa Won’t Connect To WiFi
Sometimes an Alexa device gives you multiple kinds of a problem when you try to connect it with your internet network. In such cases, you have to make a few things very clear in your mind. and check these things. When you check these things before connecting your Alexa device to your Wifi network. Then, you will not face any kind of problem in connecting your Alexa device with any of your wireless internet networks.
Solution To Fix Alexa won’t Connect To Wifi
- Restart your internet router and modem, if you face any kind of problem in connecting your Alexa to the wifi internet network. This problem might arise due to the hardware or wiring problems too.
- If you are not able to connect your Alexa to the internet network. Then, you can also reboot your Alexa Echo device and try to connect it after the rebooting process.
- You need to ensure that you enter the right password or security key for your wireless internet network. This password is case-sensitive.
- You will need to locate your Echo device at the place near your internet router device. If you will place it near your internet router it will receive good signals strength and internet connectivity and will work well.
- If you have tried each and every troubleshooting technique. Then, you will have to restore your Alexa device’s settings to the factory defaults. For doing that, you will simply need to hit and hold the mic button + sound down button. When you do that, Then, the ring light of your Echo device will first turn orange in color. Then it will turn to blue in the color.
- If you don’t get any solution even after doing that. Then, you can contact any technically savvy person and ask them for help.
Also, Read Download Alexa App For PC
Connect Alexa To Wifi Without App
If you want to connect your Alexa device with your Wireless Internet network without using Alexa App. Then, you will need to have an active and fast internet network. Your Alexa Device always connects and works well with dual bandwidth internet router devices. It does not support any bandwidth other than that. Your smartphone should be connected with that internet network. You will simply need to follow a few simple steps which we will mention before you below.
How To Connect Alexa To Wifi Without App
- Just take your phone and go to its Settings menu.
- Alternatively, you can also swipe downwards on your smartphone screen and tap on the Settings wheel available in the right-hand side top corner.
- Now, when you reach towards the Settings menu. Then, click on the Network or WLAN menu available there.
- There you will see the list of all available internet networks. You can select your wifi network and connect to it by entering its password.
- If in case, This dropdown que doesn’t show you your wifi network. Then, you can rescan or refresh this list so that a newer wifi network could show up there.
- That is how you can connect your Alexa device to your wifi internet network without using the Alexa app.
Also, Read Fix Orange light on Alexa
How To Connect Alexa To New Wifi Network
The process of Connecting the Alexa device to your new wifi network is almost similar to how you normally connect it by using your Alexa app. You can follow the steps we will mention before you below.
Connect Alexa To New Wifi
- To Connect Alexa to new WiFi, First of all, sign in into your Amazon account by entering your Amazon Account’s username and password.
- Now, you will need to hit get started button >> Confirm your name registered with your Amazon account.
- At this point, the Alexa app will show you a box on your smartphone device asking for permission to access your messages, notifications, contacts, etc. It’s not important. You can hit the Allow or later option according to your choice.
- Go to the Settings option available in the navigational menu placed in the left side top of your smartphone screen with three horizontal lines shown upon it.
- Now, simply click on the “Add device” option.
- Tap on the name of the Echo device you want to connect with your network. For example the Echo show.
- Select The Alexa device’s generation.
- At this point, you will simply have to insert your Alexa device’ s Adaptor into the wall outlet after connecting its another end with your Echo device.
- Now, you will first blue and then orange ring light indication. Now, your Alexa device will come into the Setup mode.
- Go to the wifi setting of your phone and connect your Alexa app with the Echo device you see there in the available network’s list.
- You will see your Alexa device’ s name such as ” Amazon MNO”. Click on it and connect your Echo device with it.
- After that, you will have to connect your Echo device with your wifi network. By selecting the name of your wifi network and filling in its password.
- Now, your Echo device will take the time of a few seconds to connect with your wifi network.
- Hence, the home page of your Alexa app will display before you saying your device is not online and the Echo device setup is complete.
Also, Read Echo Setup